Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Angelic Road Manners With Bonnie & Clyde

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. Looks like fun. I wondered why Bob was wearing that "Good Times" hat.
    DYN-A-MITE!!

3. mkilger

mkilger
    BANNED

ryan thats whats its all about man

4. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

Man this was such a fun time! glad we had the chance to make it out. looking forward to something like this again in the future

5. truckjim

truckjim

"In my head, there would be some really bad rage band playing as loud as they could in an effort to drown out their lead singer’s shitty voice, an entire team of midgets jumping on a giant trampoline, a host of suspiciously masculine looking hookers in french maid outfits serving drinks, a fan club made up of people cloaked in Walmart aprons, maybe a few fellas in full leathers just for looks, and, of course, a camera crew ready and willing to film and edit the whole production – commercial ready! As I approached, this army of would-be entertainers would split down the middle revealing Bob Bleed dressed as Alfalfa and Rocco dressed as Spanky.".....

Now I have a better idea where your gift for painting a picture with words originates from..... a very depraved mind! Sure wish I could have been at that intersection! Thanks and keep up the good work.

6. 46f1

46f1
    from Austin, TX

I love what you have been doing with words lately Ryan. It's refreshing to actually read something worth reading. I laugh and yet somehow feel smarter afterwards.

The photos are pretty great too. Leica M9, I assume?

7. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

Man, does that look like fun.

8. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

If I could only write eloquently about what actually goes on in my mind sometimes... I'd either be rich and famous or regarded with hate and contempt.

As it stands, I'm mostly just misunderstood. Which, I'm fine with usually...

You aren't smarter. Just fooled... :)

And, boy, do I wish I was working with an M9. I'd pretty much kill to be doing that. I had an M8 and a whole host of lenses, but had to sell it all to fund my office build.

Those were all taken with a Leica X1 and, admittedly, they are mostly just junk. I love the idea of taking lots of photos, but I rarely do. I'm about to try something else for a camera system... Maybe that will change things.

9. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

i wish I could of been there... thanks Ryan for the coverage..

10. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Well covered Ryan, great pics and writeup as always! Many thanks

11. BLAKE

BLAKE

12. kisam

kisam

Wished I could have made this one! And Joyce is a badass!

13. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Looked like a great time... Thanks, Ryan.

To the guys at Austin Speed Shop --- awesome job on Jesse's Roadster, absolutely killer car!

Malcolm

14. Thanks for some great shots!

15. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

More places need to set things like this up. There's just something about running in a line with hot rods filled with like minded people. Nothing Fancy....

Ryan, you've got 2 really cute kids and your little girl is a spitting image of your wife.

Anybody else obsessed with the 32 3w with freakishly high headlights placed exactly where they maximize awesomeness? Because I am. That car kills me.

16. Yes please!

17. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Well I feel smarter! But then again, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express a couple of weeks ago.... Thanks for the coverage sir!

18. BPD

BPD

Yeah, Ryan. As nice as the photos are, that is some really well done writing. I've just been lurking again for the past couple of months after taking a few years away and your writing is really blowing me away. Give us more.

19. Great stuff, Ryan! You Texas cats have all the fun. Check the local hospitals 'cause someone in a P.T. Cruiser surely had to have their underwear surgically removed out of their butt!!:eek:....Don.

20. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Looks like fun........sorta' like the KCSP from a few years back........any more info on the V12?

Chris

21. goetzcr

goetzcr

That caught my eye immediately. Somehow that shouldn't look so super cool. But it does. It looks EXACTLY super cool.

Great pics, Ryan. Looks like a good time.

22. Flava J

Flava J
    from Austin, TX

Ha, thanks Kisam. I just got a little too big for my breeches there for a minute.:)

23. Elrod

Elrod

I am glad to see some driving hot rod events because this is why we do it. To enjoy the road. To be one with the machine. Really happy to see this event happen and hope to see more and more of them.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  24. Elrod

Elrod

By the way, amazing reproduction of the famous Bonnie Parker dress!! Was that done by her???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Billy54

Billy54
    from Houston

I had a blast! I love Austin.

26. Looked like an awesome event. Makes me really wish I lived closer to Austin! You guys got it made!

27. no bloody ending .. ya build it up so much ...
    gee i spied a large version of the poster too

i believe a cross country tour of the like hoodlums would work kinda popping up before the law gets wind of em being in town ...

28. 500LBGorilla

500LBGorilla
    from Austin Tx

Actually done by her brother from a photo in 1 day..( I know cause she's my wife, I'm the big goon in the background of that pic)

29. MUNDSTER

MUNDSTER

Love the pictures and the words. It looks exactly like someplace I'd like to be. And, Who doesn't like to watch a smoke show that gets away from you!

30. sololobo

sololobo

What an outstanding event, it made us ache to not be there. I see the Kontinentals, Norm and Steve and probably more were on board. Jesse's roadstar is beautiful. As is the repro job on the gorgeous gals replica Bonny outfit. Thanx for sharing the good times! ~sololobo~