Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 33-34 Chevy Sedans???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LowMOJO, Feb 9, 2012.

1. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

Anyone working on any 1933-34 Chevy sedans? Projects ,builds? Just wondering how "You" are doing it. Fenderless, traditional etc.? Please post pics. Thanx for your time!

2. Not I, but I have a set (four) of wires with tires off a 33 if thats YOUR plan. PM me if interested. ... and good luck with yours.

[​IMG]

3. Ghost28

Ghost28

Not a sedan , but I have a friend that is working a nice 34 standard 3 window coupe. It will be full fendered.

Attached Files:

4. Been at this one a while now. Full fenders, all steel as you see. No wood, all hand built steel inner structure being there are no kits for that. Small block, 700R-4, Chopped some. Will fill the roof and install a cloth pad to look stock,, sorta. Blaa blaa blaa. It's my "been to long at it" project because nothing has been easy or quick. And the few things I spent big $$$ on (The Superior Custom Chassis) wasn't even close. Not going to give up but I understand now why there are so many Fords out there.
    The Wizzard

Attached Files:

5. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

Thanks for the Info Pist-N-Broke, my is going to be fenderless , prolly going to be a mild custom with some traditional aspects. yea and your right about all them fords! Two bad they didnt make steel frames instead wood for the body, but oh well these are rare birds!
    P.s. is your screen name from a Band?

6. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

Looks like a great build, keeping those chevy's on the road one coupe or sedan at a time!

7. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

Thanks but no thanks gonna use a modern bolt pattern and steelies! I do appreciate the offer though!

8. No, not from a band. 2 questions asked while at a Race Track and a delayed answer in a Shitty tone on my part, and it stuck.
    The Wizzard

9. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Not building a sedan, but I have a 34 Master coupe. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270408 It's going kinda sloooow.....Still in the parts collecting stage.

The plan hasn't changed, though. It will be a period correct hot rod from about 1958-1960. It will be full fendered, with a dual quad 331 Caddy, Muncie 4 speed, 50 Chevy 1/2 ton front axel, and a 57 Pontiac rear axel. Most of the wood will be replaced with steel, (floor, and sub rails, etc.), and a roll bar is planned. About the only things that will be post 1960 are the trans and maybe the carbs. Really, the next step is to get the body, frame and suspension done. Here are some slightly more recent pics, plus one of the new grill.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  10. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

Nice grill! Yea im gonna run a Buick 350/BOPth350 combo for my drive train. I got the same grill just mine is for the sedan, its a lil ruff dont know if it can be fixed. We'll see how it goes.

11. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Thanks. It hung on the back wall of a garage in S. Dakota, from about 1945 until 2009. :cool:

12. Just gonna throw this out there- I'm working on a '28 Chevrolet speedster and am looking for '32 and up cable brakes (6 lug) to replace my rod-activated ones.

13. flamed34

flamed34

Making progress on my '34 Chevy Town Sedan.
    Just took these photos today. It's come a long way since first dragging it home.

Attached Files:

14. Not a sedan but a Cabriolet. Replacing all the wood with steel. This one will be full fendered with a 283 and a 700 R4. Keeping it all Chevy drive train with a 12 bolt and Posie leaf springs in the rear. Good luck with the sedan. Nice to see the old Chevys getting back on the road. Keep the updates coming.

Attached Files:

15. dutchrod

dutchrod

I'm working on a 34 and it will be a phaeton with, 4" dropped i beam , 250 l6 with clifford intake and headers , 350 auto , s-10 rear.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Madrider67

Madrider67

I will be starting this year on either my 34 master coupe or a two door sedan I picked up on the HAMB, just need to decide which one. But this is a good thread for inspiration to get my rear in gear.

Flamed34 what type of insert did you use on your roof? Is that a roof from a 62 station wagon?

17. flamed34

flamed34

Dutch, appears yours started as a town sedan. Are you keeping the trunk with the phaeton conversion?

Madrider - honestly, I don't know. It was on the car (skewed and with the same bubble gum stick welds as the doors have) when I purchased it. I know it's from a station wagon, but never tracked it down. There were small screw holes on either end of the rib - I think there may have been a piece of chrome on each end.

Everyone, some nice projects going on!!

I'm still trying to decide if I want to run the louvered hood or not. I picked it up as is at a swap meet. The outside louvers angle with the shape of the hood instead of running parallel with the center hinge. I have another hood without the louvers, but it's pretty banged up. Thoughts?

18. Madrider67

Madrider67

"flamed34" I think the hood you have posted in your build album would look great on the car. Also check in the classifieds under parts, there is a HAMBer ("boutlaw") selling a pair of stands and buckets. I just searched under 34 chevy and they pulled up.

Keep the build progress posted.

19. flamed34

flamed34

Thanks. I actually got a decent pair of stands from Killbilly on here (great guy). They'll need rechromed...so still always on the lookout for a really good set until I get around to sending these off to the plater.

20. dutchrod

dutchrod

The trunk will leave because it will be fenderless and i think the trunk look funny without fenders ,i will close the rear and use a fuel tank like a 34 ford.

21. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

What is different from a Standard and a Town Sedan.Just bought a 35 Standard with the trunk he said was NOS.Looks like never been painted or bolted on.Will start it when I finish the Monte Carlo in a couple months.But need to k now about the trunk deal

22. Don't know about Town Sedan, but the Standard is 5 lug and shorter wheelbase, and the Master is 6 lug/longer wheelbase.

23. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

Great builds on those Chevy's guys lets keep in touch on our progress in the near future!

24. flamed34

flamed34

Look at the difference in the regular sedan of Pist-n-Broke vs the Town Sedan like mine or what Dutchrod's started as.

Notice how the body extends back on Pist-n-Broke's, extending the wheel well. The entire fender mounts against the body.

In mine or Dutchrod's, notice how much shorter the radius for the wheel well is. The fender ultimately mounts against the trunk.

The Standard would not have been a town sedan. The Town Sedan was a master, and as such used the larger Master fenders, running boards, and had the 112" wheel base.

25. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

Mine is like Pist-n-Brokes but I do have the accessory trunk for it will have to figure out how to mount when I start on it.But the guy I got it from put a Corvair ft sus on it and a Corvette swing arm rear.Keep rear do away with frt

26. TomH

TomH

The trunk you have doesn’t attach to the body, it mounts to the bumper mounts, is that right?

27. drinm2007

drinm2007

Have been working on a 34 Chevy Town Sedan for over 5 years. Replaced all the wood myself - what a challenge. Getting close. Will have a 600 hp chevy LS2 that is supercharged with TKO 5 speed - fun project. Still need a good passenger tail light, trunk, hood and grill. Let me know if you got anything available...

Also, does anyone know if there is a difference between the hoods and trunks on the 33 to 34 chevy town sedan... Thanks Neil

Attached Files:

28. flamed34

flamed34

Drinm,
    Nice project - looks clean.
    I wish I could tell you the differences between the '33 and the '34 for the trunks. I've seen the "oval" (like on mine) trunk lids on both, but I've also seen the more "rectangular" ones (often seen on 4-doors) on both. It's always left me scratching my head. As for the hoods - the '33 has 3 louvers, while the '34 has 3 ribs (look at Pist-n-broke's car). As for length - I wouldn't expect a difference, but you could probably look up an aftermarket (like rotleib (sp?) to see if the application is the same.

Wish I could help you on the spare parts. We're unfortunately a segment that doesn't have a strong aftermarket, and those things that are reproduced are pricey. As for the grille, while it doesn't help with the trim band, someone is reproducing the grill insert material pretty at a decent price. Beats $500 for the insert and another $500 for for the trim band.

29. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

I think it bolts to the bumper but I've not started on the 35 yet have to finish my Monte Carlo first

30. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

What donor car to fill roof on a standard 2dr sedan