Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old titles.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lowbuckboz, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Lowbuckboz

Lowbuckboz

Has anyone had any luck getting a duplicate title from PA that was issued years ago? My house was robbed, all my car titles where taken. Out of 8, only one was not in my name. The title from my 35 was from PA and was issued in 73. I just found the PA special plate that was on the firewall that has a title number, mfg. number, some code and a date of issue which is3/20/73. I have had this car since 86. Was never completed, but will be. Be nice to get a title back for it. Afraid it may be too old though. Any phone numbers for info would be good too! Thanks guys!!

2. 29pu

29pu

You should be able to get one.I`ve lost titles on OT cars that I sold.Went to a notary and filled out a lost title form and they sent me a new one.At that time it was easy.Not sure if they changed it up since then.It`s been 10 years.

3. 29pu

29pu

On the other hand yours was stolen.Don`t know how that works.Go to a notary they can tell you what to do.

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Have you got registration slips to the cars to get the vin an other info off? That should simplify things a lot. If you find the right person in the right office they might be able to pull up a list of everything titled in your name and go that way too. That way you would have new titles and be able to report the old ones as being stolen.
    The higher up the food chain you go in state dmv offices the better off you will probably be and I'd pack along a copy of the police report saying that the titles had been stolen.

5. BirdGuy

BirdGuy
    from Central PA

I'm a member of the Auto Club (AAA) and have found them to be helpful with title issues. You might give that a try...

6. CHOP36

CHOP36

I use Langel Tag Service in Feasterville Pa .There north of Phila. Very good and helpful 215-322-8900.Ask for Shirley

7. Lowbuckboz

Lowbuckboz

Thanks guys, I appriciate the help.