Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 chevy wagon in progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cody Walls, Mar 23, 2010.

1. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

No pics yet, I've been so busy since I got it I haven't had a chance to get at it! I'm hoping Sunday I'll have some free time to get some pics and start tearing it down to have it blasted. It is rough! But its a 59 El Camino! It is going to be well worth the effort!

2. spasecadet

spasecadet
    from PDX

What happened to the Monday update? Did I miss something? Always look forward to the new ideas/progress on this ride. ~Spasecadet

3. Dorrier kustom

Dorrier kustom

It seems the natives are becoming restless.it's hard to start the week when we get no updates. HAHA. looking forward to seeing the progress the car is looking beautiful.

4. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Amazing, amazing!!!!!!

5. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Its cool, i totally understand about being busy , heck it been taking me days to get back to yall ,i still cant wait to see your elky

sorry guys about no monday update, monday was non stop for 18 hours , and when i finally got a chance to post my updates with the jalopy journal app for my phone it was acting up and wasnt allowing me to upload my photos so i was really irriated by this time :mad:and i just said forget about it and wend to bed .

6. oldman2

oldman2

So, does that mean will we see twice as much this coming Monday;):rolleyes::cool:...Jim

7. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Outstanding Cody!! Take your rightful place at the front of the class with the best fabricators out there. Your future is bright indeed!!

8. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Monday update time again , so in the. Past two week I got the steering shaft and the powergen in the mail, I set up the steering , modifyed the controlle arm cover for the shaft to go threw , I also shortned the oil pan 1 1/4" since it was hanging below the bottom of the crossmember , I also started taken the powergen apart to shorten the rear part of housing and to get rid of th powermaster logo , today I did a lot of filler work on the engine comparment and, I also sent the head out to get a valve job , porrted , and milled ,

Attached Files:

9. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

So for some reason when I Try to upload the larger pics the jj app keep on crashing :( sorry guys I'll just have to upload the small ones again, :( I'm am so fustrated with all of this again.

Attached Files:

10. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

And some more

Attached Files:

11. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

Lookin good as always!! I'll be glad when I can see it in person at the lsru!!

12. strike a poser

strike a poser
    from Salinas,CA

Now that's bragging rights. How many people can lay claim to a pancaked oil pan?

13. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thank you , i doubht im in the front of the class , there are so many verry talanted people out there that are way in front of me , i just think im a hard worker
    well i guess so........................:D
    thanks , it will be a while before i get to the lsru since it soooooo far away , but it is deffintly on my list .
    you know i wouldnt had to cut the oil pan if i didnt channel the car ,:D

14. oldman2

oldman2

Cody, everything is looking great. One question I have is with shortening the oil pan will you have any problem with having enough oil for the engine? I know you have thought this out, just need to know.....Jim

15. hemifarris

hemifarris

Cody, it looks as though you've crested the hill. Everything from now on will really show the great workmanship. It's going to be a real beauty. Nice to see you haven't been cutting corners just to "get it done". Excellent job......................Mike

16. Everything is appeasing to the eye. All the ugly is out of sight. Great to look at all the neat things you've done. I actually like figuring out whats next, when one thing leads to another. Like channeling equals, sectioning the oil pan.. and so on!

17. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

thanks
    ive seen guys run 250 oil pans on 292 jim and had no problems and this no shorter than a 250 pan , i could have just bought a 250 pan and threw it on there but i just decided to shorten it and put the money into some thing else on the wagon :D
    thanks mike, i keep looking at it every day when i go into work and think yah ive hit the chrest and im on thoe downward slope , then other days i think how much i still have to to before oct 20 :eek:and it makes me think im time im still climbing getttin no where :confused:, ill feel much better when i get the body off the frame :rolleyes:

thanks j , with the channeling , this has been the 7th car ive channeled , and by far been the most challenging , the 6 cylinder didnt make it aney easyer to do and adding the mc gurk valve cover added a couple more inches over the stock 292 valve cover , i know you guys cant see it from the pic s but the hood and the hood's inner structure also has more crown in it than the stock hood to clear for the engine , so the motor can go up aney more or down and more because of the motor hitting something ,

18. BirdGuy

BirdGuy
    from Central PA

Thanks for sharing your build. This already is one fantastic longroof - can't wait to see how it turns out. You can bet I'm subscribed!!

19. oldman2

oldman2

Cody, thanks for the info on the oil pans, I didn't know you could swap pans, good info (if my brain will remember, getting old is for S*IT....Jim

20. chaddilac

chaddilac

Cody! I dig the buick caps.. I ran those on my 59 olds for a little bit last summer, changed to 55 pontiac caps for more reflections!!

Wagon looks great!!

21. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thank you

your welcome jim

thanks , i dig them caps too chad , i was orginally going to run 57 lincoln caps but a lot of people run them now , so thats when i decided to go with the buick , also they were kinda the same look i was going for , it it all worked out .

22. chaddilac

chaddilac

23. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

24. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Nothing exciting today guys , i spent the whole day sanding slick sand ,

25. Dorrier kustom

Dorrier kustom

Its these long hours spent blocking out primer that make a nice paint job. Is this your first primer coat or do you have more to go?

26. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

yah it does , ive lost track of hours sanding but i know its been a lot:eek: , this is my first primer, and actually all the time i spent before is paying off now , there a lot of little things but with a car this big i guess that to be expected , but over all im pretty happy with the way it turning out , , ill prime it one more time with dp-26 (a 2k) primer and it should be good to go.

27. oldman2

oldman2

Hey, an update is an update, catch you next week....Jim

28. Dorrier kustom

Dorrier kustom

Are you gonna go with ppg for the paint or are you gonna use a different paint line.

29. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Dp 26 is actually R-M, that's what I've Been using
    so far except the slick sand , I've already bought the paint .
    the bottom color is glasurit waterborn and the top is a R-M custom color , but it's all basf product.

30. Dorrier kustom

Dorrier kustom

Sweet can't wait to see it painted.