Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest RIP Arnold "AJ" Parigian. 8-1-1940 to 1-31-2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mctim64, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Although he was a bit hard to get along with I still would call him a friend. I met him about 30 years ago and he introduced me to my present job where I have worked for 27+ years. He was a Hot Rodder and a Drag Racer (somewhere in his whearhouse is the original "Hawaiian") Last time I saw him was about nine months ago and he wasn't looking too good. Now his pain is over. RIP Arnie!

[​IMG]

Last year in front of his shop

[​IMG]

2. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

RIP. Though since Heaven is filled with hotrods and rodders it may not be so much Rest as Peace!

3. Mad Mouse

Mad Mouse

We used to race with Arnold and his brother Rosie at Raisen City (Fresno) Raceway. Arnold had an anjected Hemi A/Fuel car sponsored by one of the oil companyies, I don't ever remember him ever making a pass, but he was always there. Tim Wingerd, myself and Dave Mc Clure ran an SBC Jr. fuel digger at that time. RIP Arnald.

mctim64 likes this.
  4. MistShift

MistShift

R.I.P. Mr Parigian, and condolences to his family.

5. Man, those staging lanes up there are getting too crowded.

6. MistShift

MistShift

R.I.P. Mr Parigian, and condolences to his family.

7. Wow, sorry to hear it. LOTS of stories around about him.

8. There's a couple of names I recognize. My buddy Craig bought his first Corvette from Tim in 1980 and we used to borrow Dave's when we were in High School. Still see Dave from time to time out at the airport.

Speaking of HS, the first time I ran across the Parigian boys was when I was that age. They had all kinds of cool cars in their yard and if you wnet to try and talk them out of one they would run you off and tell you how great Fords were. Arnie and Rosie were big Flathead guys. :)
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

9. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I can tell you some stories about AJ.....he did own the Hawaiian dragster? RIP

10. What is with all the Armenian guys of that era into hot rods ????, I'm a quarter and I here cool stories from my great uncle (full blooded)...............Sorry to see another go.
    RIP.............

11. RIP to another old time rodder from the greatest time in drag racing history.