Register now to get rid of these ads!

Reggie bbq

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chettar, Feb 4, 2012.

1. chettar

chettar

Is the Annual Reggie BBQ on or off this year, also is Thirsty Thursday's in Taylor a go, have heard or seen nothing posted?

2. billylo

billylo

Everything that I have read says "No Reggie's BBQ". Which is really sad because I was going to go for the first time this year...

3. BELLM

BELLM

Thirsty Thursday happens every Thursday, except Thanksgiving. And Christmas if it happens to fall on a Thursday.

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

:eek: Reggies is the reason I fly in a day early and spend money on the room for an extra night.:(

5. davidh73750

davidh73750

yeah something has "always " come up where I couldn't. I was leaving a day early to make sure I could this year. homer says "DOH"

6. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We sure enjoyed Reggies hospitality on our last vist. Awesome guy ,with an amazing collection. Really Reggies was the start to a top weekend, so if its not happening we will be sad but will get over it pretty quick as there is so much else to see and do and great people to meet.

7. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

I'll call BS on that rumor!!!!!!!

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I was thinking I'd be sitting in the driveway anyway no matter who shows or doesn't show up to visit and hang out. :D

9. BS or not, everyone who's enjoyed Reggie's hospitality in the past should look him up and take a minute to say thanks. Guys like him are few and far between. :cool:

10. THEKID49

THEKID49

Hopefully it is just a rumor. The party kicks off the weekend, and is the reason we drive out from Florida early. You meet some great people and see some great cars.
    Thanks Reggie for the hospitality!

11. I would be dissapointed also,,,Reggie is such a stand up guy..

12. Silva

Silva

Spot on! Response.

I'm typically quiet about voicing My opinion, However.

The amount of effort and expense that goes into putting on his BBQ has grown exponentially.

Thank him for his past hospitality, buy him a beer or some BBQ…
    He sure has earned it.

Thanks Reg!

13. Dirty2

Dirty2

So true ! Thanks Reggie for all that you do .

14. moter

moter

hopefully its a rumor! Ill ask around here

15. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

You nailed it Mike.

16. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Viva Reggie ! Thanks, brother !

17. Stu55

Stu55
    from Dallas Tx

Is it NAILED on, or off. Thanks Reggie for a great time everytime I've been there! You ROCK!

18. Firefly

Firefly

I won't get over it! Reggies is the best, put on by the best ... nuff said.

I'll come sit with you Denise :D

Could we turn this around? If folk pitch in some food ... could we maybe have a 'picinic' for Reggie ... that would solve the 'food cost issue' .. what do ya reckon??

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  19. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I reckon we should meet for breakie again that Thursday morning before heading over to Reggies. :D

20. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

From what I can find out, it is off this year...Thanks Reggie so much for what you've done in the past..It was the highlight of the weekend as far as I'm concerned - but I can certainly understand why you decided to discontinue the festivities...Will plan to see you during the weekend...and thanks again for all you've done to support the LSRU!!!

21. Sure gonna miss your moms potato salad Reggie...

22. moter

moter

yea...it looks like its off for the barbque at Reggies. BUT...there is something in the works...stay tuned:D:D

23. Firefly

Firefly

Sounds like a plan! Will PM ya ;)

24. baby loves chrome

baby loves chrome

Thanks Reggie for the best Barb-Que!
    Last year was our first time down to Austin-LSRU!
    It is everything and more than what everyone says it is.
    I can't wait to go again.
    Thanks Reggie for coming by for a visit while you were in town.
    Tell my buddy Jerry, I think of him when I eat beans. XOXO

25. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Reggie is a true gentleman !

I'm sure Reggie, Norm and Steve are working on something else....

26. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

The Official Word is the BBQ at Reggie's is NOT happening. Due to the combination of Reggie's responsibilities w/ the swap meet and the fact that the BBQ just over the last few years grew to a size more that could be handled in the space out there at Reggie's shop, we are looking for an alternative to this event on Thursday afternoon. It will no longer happen out at Reggie's shop. We really appreciate the efforts & lengths & generosity that Reggie went to over the past years in having what started out as a small open house and grew like the show by leaps and bounds, but like all great things it just got too big for the space. We are discussing another alternative for a BBQ pre LSRU gathering somewhere larger that can handle the Thursday crowd and will keep you updated as we try and figure this out. Reggie thanks for all you have done in the past.

27. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks all of you! It's been a blast for me to have you all as guests over the years. It's hard to believe that anyone would come to 'lil ole Hutto, Tx to hang out with me in a barn full of junk. I really looked forward to this each year.

I've been contemplating bringing it to an end the last few years, but this year is the right one given some personal things....one of them being my son having a realistic chance to make the 2012 Olympic team as a freestyler. My focus right now is to do all that I can to make sure that he has what he needs to make this dream come true for him and traveling around the country to support him.
    Stay tuned as something will break open that'll be just as fun on LSRU Thursdays.

Reggie

28. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Great news about your son Reggie! Thanks for being such a generous host all these years. I will be looking to shake your hand and say thanks in person when I'm there in April.

29. bluesman

bluesman
    from spring tx

Hey Reggie...take of your business and tell your son for me good luck. I would not miss that for nothing in the world,hope to see again at the roundup.
    c-ya Randy btw-I cannot belive what happened to Doyle Bramhall we just seen him in dec.at the revl show your the one that told me that he was playing upstairs at the kont club.... man that is great lost....

30. kisam

kisam

Reggie,
    Thanks to you, your family, and friends who helped put this together for all these years. Thursday has always been my favorite day and your a big part of that!
    Good luck to your son, that is quit and acomplishment and honor. You must be proud!