Register now to get rid of these ads!

What Do All The Corvette's Have In Them?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Drive Em, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Yes.......I really do have a genuine Corvette engine sitting on a stand in my garage.
    When the car was sold to the new owner 12 years ago the buyer had no interest, or the room, for the original 52,000 engine.
    The downside?
    It's a 1974 emissions-low compression engine.
    I know...........NO BRAGGING RIGHTS HERE.

2. afaulk

afaulk

I'm not certain if it was established in another thread as to where i'm an old fart, old bastard, or what. I'm LMAO certainly not a Vette Guy. It clashes with my overalls. However i've driven lots of Corvettes. I took my trailer to Bowling Green a couple of yrs ago and picked up a new ZR-1 for a friend. After driving it himself, he stopped and we switched places. That LS-9 is one mean son of a bitch. You owe it to yourself to drive one. I grinned so hard that i got a face cramp.

3. Oh what the fuck do they know!

Hey Dennis what are you doin' on the Plastic Rat site anyway??? :p

4. Dennis D

Dennis D

I don't even know if there is such a site. It was just something that came to mind. Dennis D

5. badshifter

badshifter

My Model A just got a Corvette engine put in it. I can tell because I just put on the valve covers........

6. slowmotion

slowmotion

Same as the '62 Impala I had. Borrowed the v/c's from my cousin. Vette Motor!

7. Q: What's the difference between a catcus and a Corvette?

A: The cactus has the pricks on the outside and the Corvette has the prick on the inside.

(also readily applicable to Bimmers)

edit: my bad...I just saw where this was posted previously in this thread

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012

8. I heard that was the difference between porcupines and police cars...

9. Disclaimer: I actually love the old Vettes and would love to have one some day.

The problem is not the cars, it's the gold-chain wearing, Mitt Romney-looking, golf-playing, $100 haircut having, designer-clothes-wearing, non-car-guy, corporate types who drive them to "car shows" and look down their nose at you when you dare to come near them that I can't stand.

10. oneowner

oneowner

Lets not forget... Corvette valve covers ONLY fit on corvette motors!!!

11. Bosco1956

Bosco1956
    from Jokelahoma

I got lucky I bought a 65 Vette from a friend. He had installed a 502/502 and gave me the 365hp 327 he pulled out of it when I bought the car.
    Also I know as many asshole hotrod owners as I do Vette owners.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  12. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Lustine Chevrolet parts dept always seemed to have a Corvette crate motor sitting near the counter for everyone to drool over. No carb but everything else was there and it never saw the engine compartment of a Corvette.

13. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I told one of the Vette guys at work my Mazda shifted just like his Vette. He got so red when I splained him ya rev up the motor and go through the H pattern, just like on a Vette. Works on the Ferrari and Beemer clowns too.
    1 "I have a 3/4 cam in my Vette motor."
    2 "What do the back 2 cylinders do"?

14. Maybe the pink one but this black one didn't fair to well against 550coupe

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ViS9-yRPomc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. 39 Ford

39 Ford

I used to have a 59 Vette 283 in my coupe punched out to 301. I pulled it out of the vette myself helping my friend upgrade tp a 327. So they do exist. In the day you could buy a crate 327 365 horse long or short block from your local dealer. Guys would buy one and thus had a Vette motor.

16. digging the "vette guy" kicking . I fixed a lot of vetts and most of the owners were cool but the guy with the vette club sticker on his car who said his vette is rare because out of the 50,000 vattes built thet year his is only 1 of 50 built on tuesday march 15th that was painted blue with gray int., auto thrans,t-tops and optional duel heated seats,got on my nerves !!....by the way i got a vette sb too....it caint be rare if i got one.