Register now to get rid of these ads!

I need a pattern for switch plates,please.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 5window, Feb 2, 2012.

1. 5window

5window

Please help if you can. I'm fabricating a under-dash fold down heater/blower switch panel from a fuel door and a can't seem to figure out how to make the labels. One switch turns from Off-Hi-Med-Low while the other is Off-Heat-Defrost (it's a Vintage Air Heat/defrost only unit).

If you have ideas, or a computer program, that can make labels around an arc, please let me know. Thanks.

2. bobo

bobo
    from New Jersey

I'm looking to have ones made also. Does anyone sell or make them?

3. Willy301

Willy301

Most decal makers can make anything, and have a program that operates the vinyl cutter that also prints. I would think they would be your best help.

4. railroad

railroad

Most trophy shops can make a variety of labels. I am sure they can do any lettering you want. You'll just have to see what kind of material they can use for you. good luck,

5. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Seems to me Vintage Air has those decals for sale...(or they used to)...

R-

6. Any decent vinyl sign place will have Paint Mask,
    and can make almost any design you want.

Then you get to paint the letters in the color of your choice.

7. chaddilac

chaddilac

8. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

Yes you can buy them from Vintage Air.

9. 35WINDOW

35WINDOW

Do you know of anyone who is inot Scrapbooking? My wife is, and they have a machine called a "cricut"-it can make all types (and fonts) of numbers, letters, images on Vinyl that is adhesive backed (same stuff they use on Signs)-

10. 5window

5window

Thanks for the ideas. I know VA sells them, but I didn't really want just a common decal and i didn't really want to pay the shipping,though I don't know how much-for a decal.

11. 5window

5window

I know this is an older post, but I thought I would post a picture of what I ended up doing-made by a local "promotions" company. Thanks for all the help.

Attached Files:

12. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Do you drive the car so seldom that you forget what the switches do? If not, why bother with labels at all?

13. those came out great. can i ask how much?

14. 5window

5window

Thanks. It might have been cheaper if I'd had them both done at the same time, but the one on the left was $8 and the right one was $9. The fuel door made into a fold down panel worked pretty well and I used a child safety cabinet door latch to help hold it folded up since my dash panel precluded it from having the spring pull it up all the way.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013