Register now to get rid of these ads!

Saved me a 55 Olds from the crusher

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scotts52, Feb 1, 2012.

1. scotts52

scotts52

I just picked up this 55 Olds 4 door this last weekend. Saved it from going to the crusher. I missed out on a 64 Caddy 4 dr htp by a couple days. He said it was running 5 years ago. I believe it. Hood opens nice and engine bay looks great. Interior is a bit messed up and floor boards have some rust through but overall not too bad. Its got all 4 spinner hubcaps. Back window is broken out but he had another one he gave me.

Attached Files:

• 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      453.1 KB
      Views:
    • 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      File size:
      496.3 KB
      Views:
    • 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      File size:
      494.7 KB
      Views:
    • 013.jpg
      013.jpg
      File size:
      475.5 KB
      Views:
  2. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

Cool even if you bought it just flip it you saved it none the less. That is a cool car especailly for a family

3. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

looks like a pretty straight body,good start

4. zarbtime

zarbtime

Good score...They are so comfotable to drive...Put it on the road and enjoy the ride...

5. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ha, that brings back memories to a friend from Cub Scouts whose mom drove one with the same color combo. I liked that car then and I'm glad you rescued that one.

6. scotts52

scotts52

A couple more pics of the car and some of other stuff he had sitting around.

Attached Files:

• 014.jpg
      014.jpg
      File size:
      504.9 KB
      Views:
    • 015.jpg
      015.jpg
      File size:
      514.4 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      559.4 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      565.1 KB
      Views:
  7. scotts52

scotts52

Last 2

Attached Files:

• 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      515.7 KB
      Views:
    • 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      524.9 KB
      Views:
  8. ernest t bass

ernest t bass
    from Iowa

Glad to see another one saved and go to a good home. Looks to be in decent shape and will make a real sweet ride when she's done. Congrats!!!!!!!!

9. Nice score man , I've seen some nice more doors , my pops always said two doors are people with no fuckin friends! :D

10. Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

11. scotts52

scotts52

I have some acreage so I am saving as many cars as I can afford. Then reselling to buy more. Not making a ton of money but having fun. I think I'll keep this one around awhile. I got the switch out now getting keys made. We'll see if she fires up this weekend.

12. I'd go back for the Rambler wagon if it's solid, maybe the AD Chevy truck.

13. SvenOla

SvenOla
    from Sweden

Nice score !

14. sololobo

sololobo

Way to go bro, my Dad had a sweet 55 more door that was tu-tone blue and beautiful. He drag raced it and won his stock class several times, my Mom would share driving duties at the strip as well. Looks like you have a pretty nice cruzer starter kit there. Good luck with getting it on the road or to some one else. Saving tin like this is awesome. ~sololobo~

15. U-235

U-235

I had one of those acouple years back, same color and about the same condition. I had it setting for about 10 years and when I went to remove the motor for my coupe, I noticed I could turn the motor over by pushing on the fan, so the next day with a good battery and a coffee can full of gas (it had electric fuel pump), I poured some gas down the carb, pump it a couple of times and hit the starter. It fired right up and ran.

Yours looks like it has very nice chrome....the hubcaps are 56 Starfires.

16. Nice save. Those are great driving and riding cars, roomy and comfortable, one in good shape can keep up with traffic on the Interstate all day long.

17. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

Glad to see you save her from the crusher!!! Thats the greatest thing about the Hamb, saving one piece of history at a time!!!

18. what happened to the other vehicles?

19. scotts52

scotts52

The other vehicles are still there. I ran out of money. They can pretty much be had for the cost of scrap. I grabbed some parts of the Rambler wagon to use for my own. Its fairly solid but missing windshield, therefore interior is trashed. As much as I'd like to save them all, I can't always justify paying $500 for a $300 dollar car. Sometimes they're worth more as scrap. If someone is interested in what they see, I may be able to connect you with the guy, or if you need a part off I can probably get it fairly cheap and send it out. I am going back this weekend to pick up a trashed 56 Dodge 4 door to part out. After that I might hit him up for a couple other cars he's got sitting around. I really liked the 61 Olds 2 door bubble top. I didn't get pictures of everything. He was wanting more than scrap for it. $1200. Wish I had the dough. Its a bit rough but could be quite the beautiful car. I'll keep working on him to see if I can bring him down on the price. I'm starting to feel like a pawn shop dealer of cars. [​IMG] I'm supposed to get some pictures of a 49 Chrysler coupe and 4 door today. I'll flip those. I just can't stand to see all these old cars go to the crusher so If I can save them and make my money back of even a little profit to make it all worthwhile, it'll keep me and the wife happy. As long as I am making some money, she's happy. When I start to lose then that'll shut things down real quickly. For anybody else considering flipping cars, all I can say is if you feel its worth more than scrap either as a whole or parting out, save it. It may take a while to recoup your money but you'll be saving history and most likely making a few friends along the way.

20. mlagusis

mlagusis

Where at in Washington are the cars?

21. Thanks for saving an Oldsmobile :D

22. scotts52

scotts52

They're actually in Idaho.

23. mlagusis

mlagusis

Where in Idaho?

24. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

NICE !!
    Good for you.
    I love those big ol' cruisers.....and good to see another one saved!
    Cheers......

25. Great save. Good on ya man