Register now to get rid of these ads!

WTF!! Thanks UPS and my black lab!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by matthew mcglothin, Jan 31, 2012.

1. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

Well I arrived home on my lunch break and found a disaster! My order from speedway motors .. Lucky I found everything . I ordered two of those "runtz" voltage reducers for gauges and it took awhile to find them, at 18.00 bucks a pop I had to.also ordered some window cranks for Chevy cars .. And I was sure the black knobs were chewed to bits. But luckily everything was fine. She just liked the cardboard and packing material. Don't know why she did it... Never done this before! Thought u guys would get a kick out of it. ImageUploadedByTJJ1328032160.812338.jpg

to.be

2. 42hotrod

42hotrod
    from S.E. Idaho

Holy Sheet! LOL

Glad you found everything, my UPS driver used to chuck everything over my back gate too, guess I was lucky my lab never did that!

3. madgrinder

madgrinder

You know the UPS man "pitched" that box from the gate... likely while your Lab was raising Hell at him. She destroyed the box to protect you from the evil UPS man.

4. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

It's simple really. Your lab is pissed because you are spending so nuch time on the build and neglecting her............when she saw that label from Speedway......well...she thought she'd send you a message :)

Ray

5. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

we have a great dane who has an obsession with cardboard boxes and wrapping paper...if it's within reach; it's his :)

6. Mark68

Mark68

Shes, trying to tell you she wants to go for ride, so get that project finished and take her;);)

7. silent rick

silent rick

my lab likes catalogs. you wouldn't believe what a 300 page catalog looks like shredded.

8. She was just excited to work on the car, teach her how to open boxes properly. This is a training issue.

9. I am thinking the same thing madgrinder.

10. josh highley

josh highley

I feel your pain. I have a boxer and when he was a pup he would eat everything in sight.

11. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

My Chocolate Brown Lab knows she is a 'retriever'. I was cutting running board brackets off my '29 Chevy frame, and threw one out in the yard...Annie was back immediately with it, sitting and wagging her tail.

"Wanna throw this again, Dad?"

She picked up my son's prescription glasses off the table, when I found 'em there was a scrunched wire knot and a pair of lenses... She's a good girl.

12. Yep. That's how labs roll. My lab Stormy gets cardboard boxes off the work bench and out of the trash. If it's cardboard, it belongs to him.

Can you believe the evil lurking behind those innocent eyes?:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

13. Willy301

Willy301

PHEW!!! Thank goodness she didn't mess up the stickers :rolleyes:, they are the most important part of the order.:D

Glad you found it all in good shape, the guy was packing it while eating.. you now know his hand washing habits. She thought she smelled a hot dog in there!:D:D

14. burl

burl
    from Minnesota

Take it stride and be happy yours is alive.I had to put my 12 year old lab down two weeks ago.They do some pretty crazy stuff but are there for you when things are tough.Every time i go out to my shop to work it reminds me how much a miss all of crazy antics.

15. Igosplut

Igosplut

Back in the 70s< I pumped gas at this Mobil station that the owner used to bring his dog into work. The dog was a big brawny wired hair breed (don't remember what exactly) about the size of a Japanese Akita. He used to attack tires (off rims) One day we were getting a tire delivery, and the delivery guy was rolling them off the truck to us inside the garage. The dog came out of nowhere (he slept most of the time) and tackled one of the tires before it rolled into the bay. From that day on, if you weren't careful he would grab them (by sticking his head through the center) and carry them off thrashing and growling the whole way making a pile of them in the woods behind the station......

16. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

maybe the UPS guy ait his lunch over your box before he tossed it over the fence.
    or maybe he taunted your Lab and in rage the dog took it out on the box

17. May be a hint to stay away from speedway:)

18. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

Yes I can't believe the stickers were in perfect shape!go figure. As if I already don't have a hundred of them. Lol!

19. I agree - I just had to put down my good friend a couple of weeks ago. He was a lab/shepherd cross, and a hell of a shredder as well. Boy do I miss him.

[​IMG]

20. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

my friends ex wife used to do the same thing... it got so bad they had to put her down.

21. northerndave

northerndave
    from Badger MN

Your dog looks so happy lol!!

Last time UPS was at my house my big white lab creature named "ricky bobby" jumped up inside the ups van and wouldn't come out.

The driver was trying to coax him out with doggy treats that he carries with him.

I didn't even see him jump up in there so i was wondering what the hell he was doing with those doggy treats.

I said "what are you doin man?"

He said "well there's a big white dog in here... is he yours?"

I was all "um... are you sure he's not yours? he seems to want to go with you..."

:)

22. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I used to have a shepard wolf mix. I lived way out in the country where he could run loose. UPS man got to where he wouldnt stop unless someone was home. I heard him honk one day so I went out to meet him. He came to the door and asked where was that big dog. We looked around and he had jumped up in his truck and hiked his leg and was pissing on his gear shift lever! Still laugh ever time I think of it. Thanks for the reminder!!!

23. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Trade that dog in for a cat............they will sit there patiently until you get all your stuff out of the box, and then they claim it for their own. :D:D

Don

[​IMG]

24. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Better the box than the UPS guy......................or is it? Butch/56sedandelivery.

25. dontlifttoshift

dontlifttoshift

yes cats love boxes....

A few years back my wifes grandmother sent a box of cookies up from Florida around Christmas time. A week goes by and grandma calls all pissed of because we never called to thank her. We go to the front porch and find remnants of the box. My yellow lab, Coupe, had eaten 3 lbs of frickin cookies and didn't even tell me!

26. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Chevy handles? Maybe your dog's a Ford fan.

27. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

She was just helping you un-pack.

28. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Haha, I thought you were going to say that Grandma called and said her cat was missing and when you opened the box of cookies the cat jumped out ! :eek::D

Don

29. JMel

JMel

With my experience with great danes, there isn't much that is out of its reach.

Attached Files: