Register now to get rid of these ads!

63 Dodge 880 2 dr ht..cool or uncool?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by UnIOnViLLEHauNT, Sep 1, 2005.

1. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Hey all....

I am trading a friend of mine a 57 Buick 2 dr for a way more together 63 Custom 880 with low mileage and completely original everything...it looks like a pretty rad car to me, but I wanted some feedback. I know the Buick is worth more, it just needs more work than my Merc to finish, so Id rather put the time there.

Here is the only one I could find on the net, rare car...its an ebay link...(Im not the seller, bidder or anywhere affiliated, just really cant find any more pics of the bodystyle anywhere)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodg...oryZ6210QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Imagine the front sheetmetal cleaned up with scallops over those hood lines!

2. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

you're trading a 57 Buick for a 63 Moped? are you well?

lol

3. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

Somebody on here actually has a custom 880-gold scallops over pearl white.

4. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

Car is basically a 62 Chrysler body with goofy front end on it. I would find a 61-62 Chrysler front clip and swap it on there, looks hella better.

If you don't want it I'll take it. :)

5. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

I think it's a cool car with potential for a 60's Custom.I especially like the rear.

6. JayD

JayD

I'm not much on Mopars (unless they got something thirsty under the hood) but it looks like a good trade to me.

I like it.

JayD

7. Olson

Olson

Uhhh...you need to ask? I'd do it. That's a cool lookin' car that not many others will have. You've already weighed your car in it's condition against it, add in the unique factor and I think you have your answer.

I've been trying to talk my mom out of her '63 Chrysler New Yorker station wagon for 20 years. She won't come off it even though it's just sitting there, rusting...:(

Olson
    ---------
    <I'm just dying to get my hands greasy on that beast>

8. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Exactly! Like I said, I know the Buick has more of a "value" on it, but the 880 is not far off from the one on ebay condition-wise, save for stupid piddley shit..(front seat installation, blah blah) other than that, its all together.

Ill be gone like 4-6 months out of this year, so I have to deligate my time spent wisely...and Id rather finish my 50 Merc or 56 Lincoln...the cars Im really into, rather than the Buick. Besides...the kid getting the car has an awesome kustom 56 Super (hes on here as well) so I know he will do right by the car.

Thanx so much for your input...I hope the guy with the pearl white car w/ scallops sees this post, would love to see his 880!

9. I'm pretty sure Damon Lee's( from Custom Rodder ) car is a '63 custom 880 it's been a cool custom for many years.

10. jazzbum

jazzbum

dude, its different and i like the front end, i dont care what anyone says. i dig it. plus, 2 DOOR HARDTOP.

11. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

I know,this is not a '63 but I think it's interesting to see nonetheless.'61 Dodge with '61 Chrysler front built by Chopper Lance.VERY cool car and definitely the direction you should go if you get that car... and now gimme that f'"§%$* Monterey steering wheel !!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Olson

Olson

Frenz that car is the fuggin' shit. Great interior too. Thanks fer the pics.

Unionville...sounds like a win/win for both of ya. Do 'er up!

Olson
    -------------
    "hey from down here you look like a Pisces!"

13. Chrome Shop Mafia

Chrome Shop Mafia

I think it kould be killer if the werk was put in...

TTYL.

Later, peace...

Troy.

14. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Excellent, thanx for the pics Frenz! That car is great, although I dont think I would go through the sheer work/expense of putting a Chrysler front end on it...I wanna get this car cause its more together, have no intention of taking it apart lol!

Ive been looking alot at those "hot rod flatz" colors on ebay, really liking them...satin body with a metallic top I think would be nice, and of course scalloped to death.

15. safetymike1977

safetymike1977

A Moped? Some people.

I have a 59 Plymouth, so I am partial, but anything that you don't see 10 of them at every car show is something that will get noticed.

16. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

hey I know this is a super old post, but are there any 63 dodge 880's in hamb land?
    unionville... did you ever get that car/ trade?
    I just discovered a 4 dr sedan in the local salvage yard, it's not very parted out, because I don't think there are any others around that need its parts. all that missing are the headlight rings, and the dash knobs!

Attached Files:

17. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Wow this is old!

Nope I kept the 57 Super and nosed/decked/shaved it, threw some wide whites on it, lost interest after firing up the 364 and rewiring it, sold it. I think now its somewhere in Sweden or something. Was a really clean car, I would have kept it had it been a Special, never liked the Super rear roof line.

18. delinquent

delinquent
    from London UK

a little late on this one, but I have a '63 880 2dr hard top. Rare and highly recommended, would like to find where the one you saw is now.

19. honeyshotrod

honeyshotrod
    from Louisiana

i owned a 63 dodge custom880 with a 383. 4 door sedan. drove it from arizona to california a short while later and sold it. I miss that car.

20. tcock

tcock
    from yuma az

Anyone on this?

21. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Amazing, I check in on this place once every few months, and without fail this thread seems to surface regularly.

22. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not since May of 2010.

23. tcock

tcock
    from yuma az

Found this outside the shop this morning

Attached Files:

24. I vote cool as long as it's scraping the ground.

25. tcock

tcock
    from yuma az

What motor is that?
    v10?
    6.0?

Attached Files:

26. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

When I was young the speed limit sign said 35, and the speedometer said 75.
    The 63 dodge didnt fare too well with the mountain but held together really well in both of the rolls. Wheels down, and Ronnie was still tellin us about "That Smell".

27. tcock

tcock
    from yuma az

Super low static drop.

28. Rolling Thunder

Rolling Thunder

Just picked up this '62 for myself. I like em.

Attached Files:

29. AfterhoursFab

AfterhoursFab
    from NJ

Good grab RT, I have the same car but in black and it def gets some looks (whether they are good or bad is another discussion lol)