Register now to get rid of these ads!

Walking and watching the patina grow....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31Dodger, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Went for a walk on a friend's hillside property yesterday and got some exercise....enjoy.

Attached Files:

302GMC likes this.
  2. Pop-Rodder

Pop-Rodder

Cool.....there's a guy here in Roseburg whose place looks like that on steroids...lol

3. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man, it must really suck to have that much room to stack full of COOL STUFF!! I got a little cardio in just breathing heavy while looking at the pics.......

4. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

o.k. i'll bite, looks like a lot of cool stuff been sitting for quite awhile. what's the story? and please don't say he's gonna fix it all up someday.

5. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Your friend has some cool stuff !

6. henry29

henry29

I like the cobra with the Karmann Ghia roof on it.

7. 117harv

117harv

There are alot of other items there you could have taken pics of.

The owner is a MASTER metal former, if he was a member he could d several threads on the subject.

8. firingorder1

firingorder1

He's 82 years old and gonna have everything built in a year or so.

9. chaddilac

chaddilac

I think that the worse thing you could do for our hobby, hoard all those good parts and let them rot. Come down to reality! You'll never get to all of them!!

10. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

Is that what that is. It's pretty dang cool.

11. Relax guys.....the stuff is not rotting. It is already rotted. The guy works on stuff constantly and a LOT of the stuff IS for sale. No hoarding going on here....just a guy who brought it to his property to save from the crusher/nature. Let me know if you see anything you want and I will ask him about it.

12. Oh.....you want to see his fabricating tools???

Attached Files:

13. outlaw256

outlaw256

buddy you dont know what you just did for me. im in bad health now, i know im lucky to have made it this far after my wreck in 05. and i got a few cars i been hangin on to with big plans. after reading what you wrote i kinda opened my eyes. i aint gonna get to do anything with most of them so why let them rot. thanks man. sometimes we just need a little reminder of whats real and what aint.

slack and chaddilac like this.
  14. YES! I could have spent a LOT more time taking photos. I only had three hours. What do you want to see?

15. O.K.....you want more???

Attached Files:

16. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

is that a nash front end? Parts of the trim would look cool on a 36 ford.

17. Larry T

Larry T

He says it's for sale.

Money talks, bullsh** walks.

Go clean him out.
    Larry T

18. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

Hell yeah, that thing's got some good proportions. Would be sweet with a cammer in it.

19. Smokeybear

Smokeybear

Is he willing to adopt a 40 year old hillbilly from Kentucky? :D

20. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

I agree, a surprisingly good match up. Way better than the standard conv. tops which look like crap. I like it better than even the original coupes.

But man, that friend needs to get some of that good tin up off the dirt like that. Just rusting away for no good reason.

21. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

Is that a pic of a Cobra body with a Karmann Ghia roof? Looks cool.

Attached Files:

22. Yes.

23. TRIK3R

TRIK3R

That Ghia top Cobra does look neat! I would love to have the O/T brown Ford truck in the upper L/H corner of the pic to restore my 4x4 as mine has suffered a bad case of cancer.

24. 117harv

117harv

He is using the glass Cobra body for measurements and making one from steel. He has some of the rear fender/quarters done..spot on, and yes that Giha roof does look good. He also made a front nose for a Daytona out of steel for a customer awhile back, smooth as glass and spot on.

Most of the project cars are customers, he spreads his time over all of them. He asks very fair prices and all is for sale, sans some of the early Ford parts, his inventory is ever changing. I have done my best in the last severall years to make his stash smaller, some parts from there are now helping other HAMBer's projects get finished as well as mine:)

clem likes this.
  25. LostHope

LostHope

Just imagine the money,time,labor, maybe harassment from county people its took him to find, haul, pay,store all those cool parts while many others would or have said just take it to the crushers.......i always see the old junkyard pictures that are long gone or no more that i say"wish they were still around", and he has his own!! " I say hell ya" and more power to him even if he was hording them(which it sounds like hes not) that he took the time to do it at least its being saved into one collection rather then spread out a car here or there or a part here or there! Its his shit!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
    Texas57 likes this.
  26. I saw the fenders he was making along with the custom dashboards.....AWESOME stuff.

Attached Files:

27. afaulk

afaulk

Recognized it right off, a Ghia roof, on a Cobra, hmmm looks good, who wouda thunk it? Good pics, thanks for sharing.

28. afaulk

afaulk

Oh yeah, like Lost Hope said "Its his shit" its not hoarding just because somebody else doesn't have one. Its America. You're supposed to have what you earn. If he wants to sell it or keep it, its his business.

29. onelowponcho

onelowponcho

How much for the vw double cab? My wife would love a trip back to her home in or-eh-gon

30. No, just the belly tank, please :)