Register now to get rid of these ads!

Directional signals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cp sizemore, Jan 23, 2012.

1. cp sizemore

cp sizemore

STILL WORKING ON MY '50 CHEV HARDTOP. DID NOT HAVE TURN SIGNALS SINC IT IS ALL ORIGINAL.GOT A NICE GUIDE 6004 UNIT &HOOKED IT UP BUT BOTH LITES BLINK AT SAME TIME WHEN I SIGNAL. DO I NEED TO CHANGE OUT THE BULBS OR SOCKETS FRONT & BACK TO GET THEM TO WORK PLEASE.... ANY ADVICE? THANKS HAMBers.

2. parklane

parklane

You sayin that all 4 lights blink at the same time, or both front or rear?? If both front or rear, your wiring is wrong, but if all 4, sounds like 4 way flashers are on. Did you get any instructions with the kit??

3. F&J

F&J

If that car never had signals, then the fronts were just parking lights with a single wire. Those will need double filament sockets and bulbs and two wires per side.

The rears would have been taillights and brake lights, with a double contact socket and bulb. So now, you'd need to seperate the brake light wires at the back and that would mean running one new wire to the back. One wire for RR brake/Sig, and another wire for LR brake/Sig.

4. cp sizemore

cp sizemore

Thanks,i'll give that a try .where can i find double fiament sockets?

5. F&J

F&J

Try a Carquest or Napa type store. I am not sure if the cheaper chain stores have them, but the first two should be able to get you the correct sizes to fit the hole in your housings. They come in different sizes with different ways of clamping them in.

6. cp sizemore

cp sizemore

Thanks. You're a good man!