Register now to get rid of these ads!

1954 Chevy Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gotit, Aug 30, 2011.

1. gotit

gotit

Drove the car out tonight at dusk and took a crappy pic but here it is with a little air in the bags. I will get pics of it aired out in better light

Attached Files:

2. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Please private message me.
    Have question to ask you.
    Important.

Thank YOU !

Cob
    Classifieds Moderator

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  3. gotit

gotit

I have been slacking on updates. I have everything done on the suspension but I have located a ford reared and a t-5 so I think I am going that route before too long.

I have started the body work and have been trying to get it in paint. I have the hood and decklid done and in paint. I did go with black base and hok f20 red flake over it. I really like the look because its subtle but pops in the sun. I have the passenger side metal bumped out and waiting for patch panelson the rear 1/4s. I finally tackled the removal of the headliner this week and tonight I bumped all the dents out of the roof.

I have most of the material for the upholstery and i will be starting on that soon for my project at home. I have decided to use red zodiac for all my piping and pure white for the rest.

I will try to get some pictures posted tomorrow of possible.

4. gotit

gotit

I figure it time for an update.

I have the hood all finished now and in final paint. I filled the hole for the chevy crest on the hood and kept the bird and center strip. I am happy with the look.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I have most of the dents bumped and ready for minimal filler. I have the roof all filled and I used slick sand for the first time. I like it! It lays down nice and sands fairly easy.

[​IMG]
    So for I have the body work done on the hood roof and deck lid. I found a quarter for the drivers side to replace the disaster I have.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  5. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

looking good ,i'll be watching.

6. gotit

gotit

I got my first patch panel started tonight. I am gas welding the patches in on this build. I really like how well and how easy it is. I tank its easier then might welding.

On a different note my dad came over and helped all after noon. He is a car guy but he has muscle cars. I think its awesome he came out and worked with me. He said he is going to come help me so I can try to get this car in paint for vlv 15. My dad and I meet all his brothers in Vegas every year for that show.

I will post pictures tomorrow

7. gotit

gotit

I am not sure where to post this but Eckler chevy has inner rockers for $59 with 10% off right now. They are the ems panels. I just ordered a set today. $167 shipped.

8. dvs

dvs

Here ya go:

http://gambinokustoms.com/contact.php