Register now to get rid of these ads!

56 ford brakes

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by lasbde, Jan 22, 2012.

1. lasbde

lasbde

Installed Granada spindles on my 56 ford car, had the bottom ball joint hole redrilled, fits good; however, the stock 56 tie rod ends are slightly larger than the tie rod hole on the granada spindles and the Granada tie rods are too long. Does anyone know of a fix for this? Thanks, Doug

2. Old&Low

Old&Low

Welcome from New Mexico! Tell us a little about yourself in your 'intro,' then ask your questions on the main board; you'll have better luck! Always read the "sticky" at the beginning of any forums/boards; you'll save yourself some 'grief' and have a lot more fun!

3. thats not rust

thats not rust

Yeah what he said^^ and
    -Welcome from Massachusetts!

4. Joe-Racer

Joe-Racer

5. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Tie rod sleeves have both left and righ hand threads,... Shorten the Granada sleeves on the right hand thread end, so if you need to run a tap thru them, you can. (we all have right hand taps...)

You don't mention exactly how mush the Granada tie rods are "too long",... but you ought to be able to trim them a bit.

4TTRUK

6. Jarhead1986

Jarhead1986
    BANNED

I went a different rout than the grenada on my 58 and it seemed to be way better. I got spindles off a 76 lincoln mark 5 and they were a direct bolt on. Im not sure if your front end is the same. The rotors are 11 and 1/2 inch so you have to run 15 inch wheels. I dodged the grenada stuff when i got wind of all the issues with them.