Register now to get rid of these ads!

GM steering column

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VSO737, Dec 6, 2011.

1. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

One more thing. As far as I'm concerned the term "street rod" ought to be banned from this site also. The mission statement uses "traditional hot rod" and that's what we should use. Neutering (pussifying) our type of cars should be grounds to be banned for a lot of us here.

Frank

2. 5_guy

5_guy
    from Upland, CA

OK after reading all the posts both Pro's and Con's here is my question.
    Since I am also new to this (traditional hot rod) and since I'm doing a 30 Closed cab P/U what do I use for a Steering Column?
    I figured I'd go straight to the source and not do something stupid or F/U that did not fit the Traditional Hot Rod mold.

3. most of the police around here are still riding their bikes or being pulled in a wagon!

4. On my '40 I used an aftermarket tilt, w/o the ignition switch provision on the column (slightly cleaner look), not a fan of late model columns either, but at times practicality wins over the cool factor. I'm 6' 6", and any help with interior fit is a bonus. Build it for yourself, you'll be the one who drives it.

5. mixmaster-meat-wad

mixmaster-meat-wad

Im in the same bastard group that is putting a column like this in my truck. Im building the truck with the parts that i have or that i can afford. In pic 3 its the ignition switch. I havent found any diagrams for this plug at all so im pretty lost on how to wire it up. This is also my first build.

6. mixmaster-meat-wad

mixmaster-meat-wad

7. 5window

5window

That's another good site. No doubt your post will engender more criticism, but the guys over there are hotrodders,too, and deliver slightly less drama. Many of us visit both sites. However, like HAMBer's who have OT rides and don't discuss them here, it's always a good idea to tailor your questions and responses to the audience you are addressing.