Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '66 Chevy C10 build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ErikDaViking, Feb 23, 2011.

1. LowerthanLife

LowerthanLife

hey erik, be careful with the glass fuel filters, if you look at them too hard they'll break ...and as far as i know they only sell the filter element seperatly, not the glass. i made the 15 dollar mistake myself with the same one. now i use the transparent plastic ones..... maybe put a rubber band around it?

2. ErikDaViking

ErikDaViking

I wonder if theres a plexi tube out there that would replace the glass?

3. 4doorsRfun2

4doorsRfun2

Are you going to run heat to your intake? Just curious.

4. ErikDaViking

ErikDaViking

I'm going to try it without it, reading up on it here some people swear you need it, others say you don't. I want to avoid running more hoses and cluttering up the engine compartment, or plumbing in exhaust. So half laziness, half not wanting the aesthetics of it....If I have issues I can always go back and do it. I have a plate for it if need be.

5. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

Just found this thread and I am VERY impressed with your stick-to-it-ness. My '55 has - I THINK - less rust and I am intimidated to start rust repair on it. I have a spare door though to practice on and a Hobart Handler 140; which I admit to barely knowing how to use, lol.

Even though I just found this thread and you're not asking I'd strongly suggest you read THIS thread and reconsider that glass fuel filter. It would be a heart breaker to lose all the work you've done here:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=542661

6. Anti-Ricer

Anti-Ricer

Just found this thread while searching google on how to paint the interior on a 65 Chevy truck.I love this tread I just read it all and was really Hoping to see it finished.keep up the good work sir

7. The_Monster

The_Monster

YO! Viking! its been over a year and a half since you last posted.. Is the truck done yet??!! Progress report pleeeeease!!!

8. Tutashen

Tutashen

lol farmers park their trucks in the field go work the day leave the window down they asleep in the combine don't know it snowing great guns they just taking off the corn wake up end of the field to turn around they wind the window up when they park for dinner an the night

9. 10 years.

guthriesmith likes this.