Register now to get rid of these ads!

Show me your four doors!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Squablow, Jun 14, 2005.

1. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

My old 56 Chebbie

[​IMG]

2. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

alot of guys are hacking up the four doors too... a friend of mine took a four door 62 bel air and grafted on a bubbletop roof and two door doors. Shitload of work but it was flawless. Not even the 'trained' eyes could tell unless he showed them the seam for the rear cowl under the trunk....

3. This was my driver for a couple years in the '90's, I still have it but I pretty much wore it out. Amazing handling, would out-accelerate almost anything and I got close to 20 MPG with it too.

Oh yeah, it's a '60 Pontiac Catalina. Basically stock except I had 15" rims in the back to get a bit of a rake - I wanted to run the baby moons all around but they wouldn't fit the stock front rims. Even stock paint, it was wrecked somewhere before I got it and the quickie repaint had gone flat - I figured why mess with it.

4. Duck

Duck
    from Pasco, WA

Here's my '58...

[​IMG]

5. Donzie

Donzie

I think that when we look at "the past" we see that the sport models of most cars were 2 doors.
    Even hot rodders didn't use 4 dr cars. Why should they when coupes and roadsters weres so plentiful?
    The 4 dr was the "family sedan" and none of us wanted to have to drive THAT on a date! (Remember Happy Days?)
    Times are a changin' people. Look at most cars today. Even the most popular ones are 4 drs. ....or wagons.
    And wagons have become "accepted" fodder for rodding or customizing, so how far behind are the 4 drs?
    Many of us (over 50) can relate to not having to drive a 4dr. Just in the last few years have I finally said yeah, that's a good looking 4 dr.
    Plus, I needed something my 80 year old parents could get in and out of.
    I think we have to look at what the future is bringing. Depleation and rising costs of 2 drs and roadsters/convertibles.
    Many of us can't afford that. Work with what you've got (or can afford).
    We need to have open minds and vision. Isn't that what our founding fathers of customizing had?

6. GO-rilla

GO-rilla

Thats bitch'n.

7. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

I like this thread, here's mine daily driver. Four doors, no waiting.

8. blueskies

blueskies
    from Idaho

My '50 Plymouth. Just home from the maiden road trip to Jackson Hole WY for the 29th annual Rendezvous rod run. Drove the car nearly 600 miles, no problems...

Pete

[​IMG]

Me and my little helpers...

[​IMG]

9. Id roll a 40 sedan w/ the suicide doors....

I like the 56 chevy too.

Some really nice cars....to have one, especially a 4-door...for an everyday run...very cool.

Keep em comming.:)

10. Just your basic old man's car.-MIKE:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Thanks. We bought it 2 years ago with the handles shaved from another HAMBer. I think it is a set of solenoids and a car alarm actuator. I havent had a look at em at all. Just the front doors are on the remote, the rear doors are actuated with a length of cable that hangs just below the door. Usually we just open them from the inside.

She's a 62 Olds Holiday 98. Nice car, runs like a champ....

12. Donzie

Donzie

See, that's what I'm talking about! Who would wanna be caught dead in a an old fogey's car like THAT?!? :D

13. koolkemp

koolkemp

Here is our 64 Pontiac Laurention,stock 283 & glide shaved all over homemade skirts,I will chop it some day as well,but it will stay a 4 door just to make people ask me "why?"

Koolkemp

14. Here's my '56. Flamethrowers soon to go bye-bye, due to getting a new exhaust & me not wanting to ruin my engine. There are 4 doors, but the skirts don't allow the backs to open. For some reason, the front seat folds, so access is still decent.

15. Deadender60

Deadender60

Here's my '60 lincoln (again), it's running but not stopping... Spent too much money on a digital camera to take it to Paso, but hopefully it makes it to the Midnight Mass.

My friend also has a 66 Skylark 4 door, and he is always getting the "Why you put so much work into a four door?" So we've joked around about starting a club call "Los MorDors" I'll prolly make shirts for fun.

-Juan

16. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

17. OITH-Mike

OITH-Mike

My 1960 Pontiac Ventura :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Sean

Sean

Paso this year...

19. OITH-Mike

OITH-Mike

Great! I love your 57! It was one of the rreasons why i wanted to have Sclames on my Poncho! Cool!

20. Backyard Bomber

Backyard Bomber
    from Concord,NH

This is my 57 Mercury Meteor, bad quality photo

21. OITH-Mike

OITH-Mike

Mercury Meteor? Is that the canadian Ford version?

Here is one pic of my earlier ride 1964 Impala Sedan, now it is owned by a cop :D
    [​IMG]

22. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

Here is some pics of my 49 Dodge I was pushin for awhile, first and second rendition. Also here is a pic of my old lady's 50 Chevy that I am currently trying to get going

23. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

And here are some of my favorite moordoors from the net

24. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

Jeepers Creepers...damn., I need new pix. The more door was a selling point with the fam (and the wife). It's my daily and for awhile it was our only car!
    That's dedication:D

25. CathyH

CathyH

Here's mine.

Attached Files:

26. tatts

tatts

27. here is my two my 57 is not as nce as middleskewl's, but just as fun, still have the 40 more door too

28. Hey, a thread I can fit into! Thought I'd toss in my Hudson, as I didn't see any others (yet). More doors = more fun.

29. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

30. OldCarPilot

OldCarPilot
    from Bel Air MD