Register now to get rid of these ads!

Don Orosco - repro speed parts - new website

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BobbedT, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Big on the wow factor. nice to see this stuff back on the market. thanks for the heads up.

2. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Nice stuff + Monterey prices = im out

3. Kustom Kid 53

Kustom Kid 53

nice stuff!! but look at the price in most of it.

4. If I was a rich man...

Thanks for the link. Cool stuff for sure.

5. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

I bought one if his Bell style wheels. He's a great guy to deal with and it is beautiful.

6. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Thanks for the heads up.....beautiful stuff there!

7. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

8. Doodlrodz

Doodlrodz
    Member Emeritus

I just bought a set of supposedly nos. Eddie Meyers heads and sent Don an email to ask if he stamped his in some manner so I could tell for sure and he emailed right back, seems like a very nice guy.

9. I like & I might be wrong but arnt some of the origonal parts less expensive?

10. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Quality costs, but if you have the $ these are the parts to have. Once you have spent the $ you sure wont regret the quality. Awesome.

11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I'm glad someone like Don exists because he's really contributed to our hobby. If that stuf is anything like this restorations we can rest assure it's all top notch.

12. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

x2....& Great guy to talk too and deal with!

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Out of my price range too. Great looking stuff though.

14. fleet-master

fleet-master

thats for sure Kiwi4d ...unlike with Taiwanese parts... ;)

15. Thanks for the link.

I just ordered 1 of everything.

16. I just looked over on Slum-It, and Edelbrock Head/manifold kits run anywhere from $1800-3200 with cam and carb, so the ORD head kit doesn't seem too outrageous.

THe other stuff though...

17. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Dont be surprised when you get a note back about all of it being on backorder. I just bought his entire stock of all part nos. Not to worry about the high dollars, I stopped on the way home an bought a lottery ticket.............. waiting for the numbers to be posted so I can write Don a check:eek::cool::D

Frank

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks for the link, GREAT STUFF! It takes a man with love and passion for the hobby to tool up and make all those parts knowing he'll never see a return on his investment. Thanks Don!

19. Doodlrodz

Doodlrodz
    Member Emeritus

20. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

Some very cool looking stuff. I wonder if my wife would get a part time job....probably not.:rolleyes:

21. Koz

Koz

My God! Just awesome. Unfortunatly I'd have to sell my whole car for one of those cool oil pans. The times in my life when I dropped big cash for seriously good stuff I've never regretted. Quality always wins. My hat's of to Mr. Orosco.

As a side note, I wonder how much difference there is between the good stuff and Speedy Bills' version of the same stuff, (like the Hollywood dual carb and the V-8 60 front over)? I'm sure it's substantial.

22. Flat Power

Flat Power
    from New Jersey

cool but its new.... : /

23. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

He makes outstanding stuff. The only thing I can't figure out is... why would you want an aluminum center section without the quick change.

24. HotRodDaddy-O

HotRodDaddy-O

I've done business with Don (sold him some '36 Ford parts).
    Just an FYI for those who don't already know;
    Don's employee, my buddy Jesse Cruz, painted the Kirk Hammett (Metallica) '36 Coupe for Cole Foster, at Don's shop.
    Jesse also painted the Pebble Beach winning Lloyd Bakan '32 coupe, among others.
    Don and his guys are the real deal and super hot rod enthusiasts.
    I wish them the best of luck.

25. I know one thing for sure he has two cars that I want. The Dick Flint roadster, and A Reventlow Scarab. At least I think he does. Saw the Scarab at Le Guna Sega two years ago. Hope it isn't the one that went on it's head.

26. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

too too rich for my blood but nice stuff for sure......

27. quickchangeV8

quickchangeV8

Absolutely top quality parts here. I purchased a set of Smith heads from Don and they are just excellent. The best quality aluminum available, very detailed and they polished up to perfection. I have talked to Don at Hershey and over the phone as well. He is a very busy guy but when I phoned him, he stopped what he was doing and talked flathead speed stuff with me for the next hour. He is a very interesting and very nice person to talk to. Yes some parts are more money. The cost of pattern making and production costs to get top quality parts such as these must be staggering. We are lucky that someone like Don has taken the time and effort, let alone the money involved to make top quality speed parts like these available to everyone. He is in it for the love of the hobby, as I bet his profits are very little if at all!! I will continue to support Don in the future as quality parts like these make the difference on your car. Sure beats the heck out of those made in China parts that are available somewhere else!!

28. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

well at those prices I don't think we have to worry about them flooding the market. But of course these will make the professional venders jack their prices even higher for their original parts. I don't want new reproduction parts personally.