Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tommy T.C. Lemons RIP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nitro crew chief, Jan 11, 2012.

1. big bad john

big bad john

.....R.I.P......prayers going out to the family

2. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

R.I.P.
    God Speed........

sorry for the lost.

3. sololobo

sololobo

R.I.P. T.C., Big Daddy's associate that contributed so much to his racing and personal success. The T-shirt quote about drag racing is one of the funniest ever. A giant hole in Big's life for sure. Condolences to all of the family and friends of this great one. ~sololobo~

4. 150J/F

150J/F

Sad news for sure...just won't be the same around Gar's place.

5. OneRustedDodge

OneRustedDodge

I visited the Garlits' Museum in 2006 (at age 16) and had the opportunity to meet T.C. He walked around with me and my dad recalling stories about each car from the golden years. He spent about 1-hour with us and it was the most memorable museum experience ever. Thanks for sharing your time with me, T.C., you will be sorely missed.

- Jon and Craig

6. belair

belair

Condolences to family and friends. A big loss.

7. PVTA Jay

PVTA Jay

RIP T.C., show 'em how to do a real fire burnout !!

8. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

Incredibly sad news, my thoughts and prayers are with all his family and friends. The best thing we can do is keep his lifelong achievements and contributions to the sport and culture we love alive in these forums and at dragstrips all over. Talk about him and never let these memories from the golden age of motorsports fade. Rest in peace to a friend, legend and one hell of a good guy.

Im sure Big has been on the site though I'll resend the link to him and Pat to let them know we are all out here thinking of them all.

Rest in peace T.C. Have a blast up there. Hope your back in your Chrysler powered 32 Ford enjoying the 1320.

Total Perf-

9. Diana The Doc

Diana The Doc
    from New York

10. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

11. RIP Mr. Lemons

One of my earliest memories (around 1972 or so) was of being picked up to shake Don Garlits' hand and (I believe) Mr. Lemons who was standing right next to him at a drag strip in south Texas.

12. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

sorry to hear this, he was quite the chracter! sorry don you lost a good one.

13. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just received this information:
    Service and viewing is going to be on Tuesday the 17th from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
    Hiers-Baxley Funeral Services
    5946 SE Robinson Road
    Belleview, FL 34424
    Phone: 352-245-2424
    TC will be cremated and his urn will be put in the museum.

14. melsfine39

melsfine39

This was taken at Garlits Museum A couple of years ago. It was time for Gainesville and a lot of past racers and crew were at Garlits that day.We asked T.C. for a picture and as the picture was being taken T.C. said "I hope I don't look OLD!" We laughed,it was great to have met him. Mel:D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  15. arkansas Bob

arkansas Bob

We were racing at Bristol in the 70s. Met T.C. and Don for the first time. I consider it a privilege to have known him. REST IN PEACE T.C. (PAPPY) Lemons.

16. pcterm2

pcterm2

17. Wow...such a loss to the drag racing community.
    We were fortunate enough to have met TC at the East Coast Drag Times HOF event in NC in 2010,the stories TC told literally had brought the crowd to tears among all the laughter.

Godspeed my friend TC,glad to have spent some time with you...here he is with master of ceremonies Bret Kepner,another guy who hasn't forgotten a thing:
    [​IMG]

18. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER