Register now to get rid of these ads!

roadster with hallock here!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rodderbilly, Jan 30, 2010.

1. hi guys,,,why don't post here your cool roadsters with the hallock windshield,,i love this screen....and is in my project....thanks

2. Harms Way

Harms Way

I don't have any pictures (that I can remember :eek:) But I would like to see some as well,....

Especially pictures of the Dick Courtney cars if anyone has some.

3. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

tiny pictures of Bruce's,Fish,Jack

Attached Files:

4. I was getting there on mine but I sold all the RPU sheet metal and bought much better RPU tin bit no more Hallock. Someday I'd love to resurrect the Hallock cowl idea...

Attached Files:

5. And the photo that changed me, when I saw this I had to have one.

Attached Files:

• pant.jpg
      pant.jpg
      File size:
      58.9 KB
      Views:
  6. JRodder

JRodder
    from Joplin, MO

I've got a couple of shots of Dick Courtney's 2nd roadster (proofs from a magazine shoot), and a couple of pics I took of his 3rd roadster, if you're interested. J.R. Courtney

7. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

My roadster, photo by "hotrodJen"
    [​IMG]

8. VStanford

VStanford

Hello:

Are you a relative of Dick's.

I would like to know how to see these photos of Dick's roadster. I knew Dick Courtney from the time I was a kid in the 1950's until his death in 1992. I worked with him in the summers on my dad's asphalt paving crew (Stanford Truck and Paving) in Orange County ,California, specifically, Buena Park.

Back in the 1950's I recall Dick coming over in his roadster (the first one) and seeing him peel out in front of the house. I even went for a ride in that car. My dad and him would take off and not return for hours.

One summer, must have been 1959, I was just 16 years old and we were doing a paving job at a local elementary school (McComber School). I drove my 1949 Mercury to work that day. Well, there was a running track, probably a 1/4 track, on the field. Dick asked me if he could take my Merc for a ride around that track. I saw nothing wrong with this so he hopped into the driver's side and I rode shotgun. My God! He had my '49 mercury going sideways around the curves with the front wheels turned opposite to the direction we were going. Dick got a laugh out of seeing me react to this trip. Every time I saw him, up until he passed away, we would get a laugh out of that experience. I wish we could go back to those days.

The last time I saw Dick was at my dad's funeral in Sept. 1992. Dick passed away shortly after that.

I noticed that his last roadster was just auctioned off (Aug 12-14, 2010) . See http://new.rmauctions.com/CarDetails.cfm?SaleCode=MO10&CarID=r308

Darn. I wonder what it sold for?

9. VStanford

VStanford

Dick Courtney's Number 3 Roadster sold for $57,200 at auction in August 2010.

10. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Here's a shot of one of our club members in 1959 with his roadster , that was originaly built in 1948by Dick Courtney with help from Frank Currie. This is an original Hallock windshield.

Attached Files:

11. mcbay

mcbay

Lets see if we can get some more pictures of the Courtney cars.
    Is this picture of Dick Roseberry?

12. mcbay

mcbay

Does anyone know where the #2 Courtney car is today??

13. Harms Way

Harms Way

There was a article in the late 80's I believe,.. on Dick and all 3 of the roadsters,.. I can't remember if it was in Street Rodder or Rod Action. These were really killer Hot Rods,.. with a really great look, profile & stance (The "Trifecta" of Hot Rodding)

( * with the exception of the hood top,... IMHO *)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. John Stimac

John Stimac

Took these pics on Friday at the SOCAL open house of Jackie Howertons 32 Hallock roadster. Its the only 32 that hallock ever put one of his windshield on.
    Stimac

Attached Files:

15. ruralrod

ruralrod

just finished. finished the day before LARS weekend.

Attached Files:

16. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That looks great ruralrod!!!

17. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

The Halllocks are just incredible shields, keep the pictures coming. Great thread !

18. Been shown here many times. Mine with a Rob Miller copy. He don't make them anymore though.

Attached Files:

19. FlatheadRoadster

FlatheadRoadster
    from Sweden

Here is my 1928 roadster on 1932 frame I built 2009. I bought the Halloc windshield from Steve Sellers in 2003. The rest is all Henry Ford parts.

Attached Files:

20. brady1929

brady1929

love the roadsters with the hallocks

21. Special Ed

Special Ed

22. muroc 29

muroc 29

One of my favorites our long time family friend larry Gheno built this A about 10 years ago and really never took it to any shows or let the car be recognized for what it deserved the fit and finish is top notch and some of the details such as the rear bumper, 37 tube axle was very rare when he chose to use it along with the police speedo he decided to sell it i believe last fathers day and it is now for sale on ebay by Kirk white

Attached Files:

23. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Just thought I would bump this back up to the top after a long hibernation... Thinking Hallocks today! Other than Seller's loose copy, is there anybody else out there that is reproing a true hallock frame these days? Since I stepped for the Halibrands, I think my little truck kinda needs a Hallock...

Attached Files:

24. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

It's a loose copy, but "endlessearth"s little '29 hung around my joint here for quite a bit and rubbed me exactly the right way...

Attached Files:

25. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

26. NealinCA

NealinCA

Zibo style...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hey Neal, See any simularities between "endlessearth"s car and Zibo's red dot?

28. bob giles

bob giles

Steve Sellers

Attached Files:

29. NealinCA

NealinCA

Yes, I did notice some...;)

Jet96 likes this.