Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Junk Yard Road Trip

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gsnickets, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Gsnickets

Gsnickets

preface: if this is considered off topic, or is in the wrong spot, I completely understand if it's deleted, and I apologize

I must admit, going through old junkyards... even if I can't afford anything is just about one of my favorite past times. recently a friend of mine and I took a trip up to northern missouri to check out a few spots I've seen. had some good luck, met some really cool people, and hell he even had a guy give him 200 bucks for a picture he took.

anyway, I've got the itch for another road trip... I've heard rumors of a big yard in southern missouri near west plains and want to make a trip out of going down there, there's a pretty sweet fleetline tucked away in a collapsed building on the way down I'd like to see again as well near wheatland, mo. any of you southern missouri boys know of some good spots to look around down south?

2. kevin mac

kevin mac
    from toledo,oh

you like to travel????

3. Gsnickets

Gsnickets

just give me a place to go.

4. belair57

belair57
    from australia

could you take some pics

5. Gsnickets

Gsnickets

going with a professional photographer, I'll see if I can get the pics from the last trip from him and put a few up here

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

maybe try junkyardog.com

7. CyaNide

CyaNide
    from Texas

Sound like a blast to me. I have always enjoyed them as well. None of my friends enjoy it like I do. It's great for you to take pictures, others might see something that they could use.

CN

8. Any road trip in the U.S.A. is fun. Yes, i,m a tourist.