Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for open fender gasser truck photos.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by uncycid, Jan 8, 2012.

1. uncycid

uncycid
    from Chicago

Picked up a 46 chevy open fender truck. Rather than chop and channel it I'm debating on going the gasser route. Can't seem to find any photos.

Here's the truck as of today.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  2. Skirv

Skirv

By rule, gassers MUST have fenders and hoods. There are no fenderless gas class cars or trucks. Altereds...but not gassers.

3. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

X2 What he said

4. uncycid

uncycid
    from Chicago

Sorry for the terminology mistake, altereds then.

5. at the risk of sounding like a smartass[which is not my intention].You have an altered now.:D

6. uncycid

uncycid
    from Chicago

I was waiting for that haha, either way just looking for some photos.

7. Flamin'

Flamin'

Why don't you just finish it the way it is and drive it? I know you're just looking for ideas, but don't you think the best ideas for your car would come out of your head?

8. uncycid

uncycid
    from Chicago

I have it planned out, I'm just interested in seeing photos of other trucks. Tell me none of you have looked at vehicles similar to yours?

9. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I hate how so many miss this.... :mad:

10. Doesn't bother me it just makes mine stand out more to someone who knows.

I'll have to look at the rules again but it seems to me that a chop or a channel was legal just not both and there was a limit to how much.

Just checked the '64 Gas coupe/sedan rules. I was wrong it says that bodies can be chopped, chaneled, or sectioned, not more than 4" total height reduction.

That said fenderless puts you in an altered class of you have a roof. But that has alrready been mentioned.

uncycid,
    This is just an observation and not in any way a slam on your truck. I think you would be closer to your goal if altered class is what you are after if you lost the sprint car headers.

Like I said it is just an observation and does not require a reply. Although you are certainly welcome to call me an ass or the like if that makes you happy. ;)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  11. Larry T

Larry T

Class legal Gasser-- Chopped, channeled, or sectioned not more than 4 inches.

I don't think there were any specs for altereds.

Uncycid,
    What are you planning to do to your truck? Maybe someone will have pictures if we know what direction you're headed. Otherwise, I think there are some "bobber truck" (relatively new term that I don't really like, but that doesn't mean much) threads already started.
    Larry T

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  12. lawman

lawman

My Grandson and I just built this.

Attached Files:

13. uncycid

uncycid
    from Chicago

The sprint car headers are coming off, they came with the truck just used them to fire the engine.

14. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

15. Yea I still think that a bobber is a chick. Well sometimes a dude but you wouldn't want to admit that one. :eek:

I'll have to look I don't think that I have altered rules. I do think that I got the gas class rules from you by the way.

16. Lucky3

Lucky3

A Bitchin truckster, just Bitchin !!! :D:D:D

17. uncycid

uncycid
    from Chicago

Got the engine fired last night, started some body work today, also flipped the front axle back under the leafs. (previous owner had flipped it)

[​IMG]

18. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

Cool ! Be careful with that exhaust set up it looks like the fumes can enter your cab real easy. Nothing to mess around with.

19. uncycid

uncycid
    from Chicago

They are temporary, pretty much just using the flanges and first 2 inches of primary pipe to eventually make a set.

20. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

Nice, Have fun and enjoy your truck.

21. Here's mine which is like yours, it was during a mockup fase and is full fenderd now

Attached Files: