Register now to get rid of these ads!

Madera, Ca Well, they got us... stolen utility trailer

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PonchoJohn, Jan 9, 2012.

1. PonchoJohn

PonchoJohn
    from Fresno, Ca

Like the title says, damn thieves made off with the utility trailer last night.
    My Father-in-law died a few months back, and my Mother-in-law wanted me to have it for my runs to the dump and car parts escapades. I did a little work to it this weekend to get it ready for the Turlock swap meet, but I guess not now.
    It was a black, enclosed side, Dargo Mfg. of Madera, Ca trailer that had silver/gray rims on it.
    Funny thing is:
    1) I had to air up the tires because they were a) leaking and b) heavily loaded- I was gonna go empty it at the dump this coming weekend because it was FULL!
    2) The driver's side valve stem was leaking from the base- Ah-ha! that's why it had no air in it. :/

It just pisses you off that someone comes along and steals your stuff and there's basically nothing you can do to get it back- how many times have you seen a cop pull a gardener over to check his trailer?
    Sorry to rant, but if anyone in the Central Valley reads this, please keep an eye open for REALLY clean, black Dargo MFG. trailer,- sold through Sadler Trailers on Hi. 41. The tip off is that the license plate (mounted on the driver's side- down low) was bent toward the front of the trailer- I guess my F-I-L must of bumped into something when backing up.
    Thanks guys!

2. Muttley

Muttley

I'll be watching here in the Fresno area.

3. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

4. heatnbeat

heatnbeat
    from Madera,Ca.

I live in Madera, I be on the look out

5. PonchoJohn

PonchoJohn
    from Fresno, Ca

Thanks guys!
    I should have said- it's a single axle unit.
    It was stolen from the general area of Ave. 17 and Rd. 26/Country Club

6. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

Damned shame that someone gets their stuff stolen.

I think its SMART of you to post it here. Your observation that the cops aren't likely to ever be "on the lookout" for a stolen trailer is right on. Which, of course is why I'd just LOVE to read here later that someone actually found it and the thief gets busted.

7. Spork!

Spork!

Do you have a photo of it or a more complete description (length, etc) or maybe a photo from the mfg's website of similar trailer?

I have friends in that area and can have them look.

Also, you may be able to make a claim on your home owners insurance for it.

8. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Any photos john, I'll be watching also!

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd be in contact with the guys at the dump with a photo of it. The problem is that the thief will probably empty it out on a side road a couple of miles from your house.

10. Fenders

Fenders

"Funny thing is:
    1) I had to air up the tires because they were a) leaking and b) heavily loaded- I was gonna go empty it at the dump this coming weekend because it was FULL!"

be sure to include in the claim the value of the contents :D

11. PonchoJohn

PonchoJohn
    from Fresno, Ca

I'm trying to find a photo... it seems the MFG. may be out of business :(
    My M-I-L went to the dump this morning to talk w/ the guys there.
    I never paid too much attention to the dimensions... I'm guessing it's probably 5x7 and about 4' at the top rail. It's fully metal with a drop down rear gate.
    As soon as I find some more info, I'll post it up.
    Thanks!!

12. RodStRace

RodStRace

I would report it ASAP to the cops due to it being full and as said they may dump it out somewhere. It would really suck to still not have it and get a ticket for littering when the cops find the trash with your name on it!

PS, darn near all trailer plates down low are bent!
    [​IMG]

13. BenDaPirate

BenDaPirate

I'm up in Stockton/French Camp area. I'll keep a lookout if it made its way up here. Sorry to hear.

14. PonchoJohn

PonchoJohn
    from Fresno, Ca

Well, this is as close as I could get. It has a silver jack, not black. and the wheels are silver/gray colored. Also, the gate is solid, not the gardening mesh as shown.
    CHP is not optimistic- they said thieves usually chop 'em for the metal- great...That really stirred up some emotions in my M-I-L.

Attached Files:

15. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Cool, know what I'm watching for!

16. Nobey

Nobey

Man, I feel for you....Seems like this is happening a lot in the Fresno-Madera area, I have a house on the river which they broke into in Oct., stole three 21 stud Flatheads, one 265 Chevy, one early 289 Ford engine, 12 rolls of 10m strand fencing @ 300 lbs. per roll. They cut the lock on the gate and used a trailer like yours for the theft, which is probably what they are going to use your trailer for. I'll be on the lookout for your trailer, I don't believe that they are going to cut it up for scrap.
    Keep us updated on your search and we'll do the same.

17. Maybe they'll bring the garage back.

Around here the city will come and haul a trailer off if they don't think you have it properly parked. maybe a quick look in the impound yard.

But you are correct unless it is involved in a crime it is not likely that the police will find it. No need for me to look around here but at least this will keep you up top a little longer.

18. My in-laws are off 41 in Coarsegold, I've let em know a well....

19. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

Thieves might be stupid enough to show up at Turlock with it ;)

20. Spork!

Spork!

"You can get anything you want...at Alice's restaurant'!

:D

21. JxCentralCal

JxCentralCal

Ill keep a look out down here inbetween Fresno and bakersfield.

22. PonchoJohn

PonchoJohn
    from Fresno, Ca

Thank you to everybody. I know it seems silly, but it had more sentimental value to my M-I-L than monetary value. The rotten part is that the "value" of it is not even a third of the replacement cost.