Register now to get rid of these ads!

49-52 Chevy Parts gone for good?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cavistyle, Jan 7, 2012.

1. cavistyle

cavistyle
    from baltimore

I know there was a thread not to long ago about how these cars are disappearing. It seems the parts are too!! No sheetmetal, No replacment doors. Not even on Epay. What gives??:mad::mad:

2. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

Not a problem down here.... Pretty plentiful. I'm stumbling over all kinds of parts in my shop.

3. cavistyle

cavistyle
    from baltimore

i cant find a door to save my life.

4. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

Plenty of patch panels out there , try EMS

5. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Or put a wanted to buy ad on craigslist- you would be amazed at what people have that
    they will sell but have not put an ad in for as they are too lazy or just do not want to deal with the flakes. Jim

6. Sqeaky Hinge

Sqeaky Hinge

7. Gerg

Gerg

8. ems customer service

ems customer service

9. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I think it comes down to what parts you want. you can find parts cars but the prices are going up. finding unique items like some stainless is getting difficult.

I have been looking for the upper rear window stainless for my 51 hardtop for about 6 months with no luck. no repop on alot of the stainless. I would love to come across a convertible top assembly also in the future to convert mine to a drop top

10. davidbistolas

davidbistolas

You're saying that a 4 year body style that ended production 60 years ago is 'suddenly' running out of parts?

There are no fenders, doors, hoods, trunklids being reproduced for our cars. I wish they were. You can buy a complete tri-five car in parts and assemble it, but for the first postwar designs... no such luck. Not even close. We're the forgotten years.

EMS has some great panels though... I've used them, and the 'cheaper' ones you see on Ebay. I prefer the EMS panels- they usually require less fitting and tapping to make it right.

11. davidbistolas

davidbistolas

By the way- EMS- if you're looking closely- there's a market for this stuff :)

hint..hint..hint..

12. They are, EMS even has a thread here asking us what we need for parts! 49-54

Boones, PM me.

13. ems customer service

ems customer service

===========================================
    i am confused sometimes with folks, but this is not a unusual issue,

i have guys calling the shop and saying in been in the hot rod biz 40 years and just found out about ems.

i do not know how 20 years of advertising in all magazine and a presence on all popular websites ( a few sites will not let us on there site "chevy talk" is one) and going to most major shows at some point that some guys just cant find anything.

comments hamber's?????????????????

14. fbama73

fbama73

Chevy Talk doesn't have a problem with ME speaking well of EMS parts. Sucks that you can't advertise, but at least they can hear of a satisfied end user.

15. Old Car Parts in Portland has acres of parts, Joe Jr keeps alot of stuff that goes to the crusher when parting one out. Roof tops, tail patches, metal surrounding windows, floor braces, he has 37 to 60 GM stuff but mainly 41 to 54 is his best stuff. He usually has all the stainless and garnish for 50 to 52 hardtops in stock. His number is 503-771-9416 I think. Hope this helps some of you.

16. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

Do you have any idea how many cars are leaving this country a day.

17. ems customer service

ems customer service

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

its a real bi%^& that chevy talk would not let us help the chevy guys there.

but thanks to ryan and the gang for letting us be part of the hamb

18. davidbistolas

davidbistolas

Ems guy- the chevytalk guys (49-54) all know, believe me. And when they ask, 9/10 times it's a referral to you fine folks.

19. You will have better luck getting a whole parts car and there are still a few out there...

20. Lotek_Racing

Lotek_Racing

I'm not trying to be a dick here but you guys need to up your advertising budget a bit.

I've seen the ads in the magazines but they're always the little black and white ones about 2x the size of a business card.

If you want to catch someones eye, try bigger, colour ads in the middle of the mag where people will see them.

They're also usually in the back with all the classified ads like "joe's vega parts" that most of us just pass by.

Shawn

21. two488

two488

Sorry to be off the original post, but there doesn't seem to be much in the way of replacement panels for the 52-54 Ford cars either?

22. lawman

lawman

23. Walle

Walle

I have searched for 2 door sedan doors to my -51 for about a year now without any luck... Starting to piss me off, soon im planning to do the 2-door conversion so i need that doors!!

24. klutchmaster427

klutchmaster427

I've got a 52 2 Door Sedan and finding parts for anything 2-door is damn near impossible. For what it's worth I've got a '51 4 Door Sedan that I've been using for parts for my 2 door. 4 Door parts are more plentiful obviously, but if you have something you're looking for just PM me and I'll see if I can help you out.

25. ems customer service

ems customer service

were working on 52/4 ford stuff this year

the ems guy