Register now to get rid of these ads!

Time spent on the HAMB

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WZ JUNK, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Geez John, I guess I waste, er - enjoy the great HAMB company, twice as much as you since I just hit 2000 posts. I need to cut back I guess.

Charlie

2. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I guess you need to look this another way. How many TexT messages do you send or recieve a day. How much time do you spend watching TV a day. How many phone calls do you get a day. How much time do you spend on EGay or other sites a day. Now compare this to the HAMB. The only time I use a cell phone is when I`m out of town. It dosen`t have texting capabilities(trac phone). I don`t have cable TV and the hamb is the only thing I use the computer for. So 1.18 posts a day aint bad.

3. 26 roadster

26 roadster

1200 in almost 4 years, I do welcome a lot of new folks though. at my work I 'm in front of a computer all day and it's easy to check in a lot. probably not a 100 after work.

4. John B

John B

Look at that post count over there <----- 10 years on this version of the HAMB and still overwhelmed by the great talent on here. I read alot and take in as much as possible. I figure unless have something to contribute why use up space.

I have noticed that sometiimes you see one person post 20 plus times in a day, just in the new guy intro section. I'm all about making people feel welcome, but i hop it never makes up the majority of my posts here on the HAMB

5. I have to agree!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  6. D-man313

D-man313

I spend way to much time here. I may not always post, but the time i spend reading and learning is time well spent. I would rather spend alot of time here and learn something, than sit and watch tv or play abox like most of my friends do.

7. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I guess I am a bit of a post whore. I have a white collar job, so I am on the computer 8-11 hrs a day anyway, during the course of that day, its a simple mouse click away, so I check in probably 3-4 times a day. I actually spend more time on here during the week than I do on the weekend.

8. Bar Ditch

Bar Ditch
    from Tacoma

If I don't get my daily dose of the HAMB, I get the shakes and then I can't hold a wrench. It's easy to think you been on here to much but it sure seems like I spend a lot less time searching for answers. I don't think I could repay all the knowledge I have gained here or the ability to ask a question that at least one person has an answer for. If this is an addiction I hope there is no cure.:D

9. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I respectively decline to answer on the grounds.....

10. xsquiden

xsquiden

I dont have alot of posts on here but the knowledge Ive gained is amazing not to mention the inspiration. I just have to get my new project loaded up and brought to my garage so I have something to share or ask oh yeah and i spend to much time on here also.
    Later
    Mike

11. flathead okie

flathead okie

I joined in May 2005 and have 1011 posts. I did have to sign a write up a work about 3 yrs ago:mad:, because I spent 8 hrs a day on the H.A.M.B.:).............I STILL DO BUT IT'S ON MY I PHONE:D

12. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I have been on here a little over 5 years and a little over 2500 posts so I say you were in the garage a little more then me.

13. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

It's all about balance, fellas. Ration your time and you'll be able to wrench, as well as prowl, the HAMB.

As for post counts, I rarely pay them attention.

14. edweird

edweird

1,910 post since jan. 2009. damn i'm on here alot!

15. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Ive lost count of my posts ,But I know the reason why I dont watch tv or spend countless hours in the garage.I frequent here for information ,Knowing Im not alone on this addiction and have friends I talk to and never met .Plus Opinions are always needed in building a car 2 heads are always better than one and the more critics the better,Even negative advice can be good advice.......

16. lawman

lawman

It's hard to believe that there was life before H.A.M.B !!!!!!! LOL

17. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Did anyone notice how many posts Porknbeaner has? 16,000+!!!! I noticed. He also likes to fight with me, but its okay..were pals.

18. rat deuce

rat deuce

Wow,I feel like such a slacker! 170 posts in almost 4 years! I spend around 2hrs a day here and my wife thinks I spend too much time in the shop. it is all perspective, If I think something is really cool or can help someone I send them a PM. Easier to make new friends that way. but TFEVERFRED's avatar is the coolest!

19. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

I don't post alot but spend about 1/2 to 1 hour before I go to bed, puts me to sleep with sweet dreams.

20. inkstain27

inkstain27

I've been on the hamb for almost 6 years now and only have about 80 post, but I log on every day and check it out. Just started giving my .02 every now and then for what it's worth, haha. But sometimes I'll get on and spend a couple hours reading other post and tech's and other time I'll see something that inspires me to get off my ass and get in the garage. Either way time well spent!

21. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Hey, it must take him like 4 days to finish one post!

22. Think of it as quality time well spent.

23. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Wow! I'm at 4100something since November of 08... I had to learn how to turn on a computer and type to get on here, too! Would have never figured on that. But I put down on average about 8-10 shop hours everyday, and come in 3-4 times a day to check out the world here. What constantly floors me about this place is not only the technical prowess that we see everyday, but that I now know people in every single corner of globe that I talk to frequnetly. Damn, that's cool!

The other thing that the H.A.M.B. has done for me, is it has shown me that I really like to write... I never knew that before this joint, and that's a biggie for me. i might not be good at it yet, but everyday I get better.

24. trimph1

trimph1

My join date? December 2011...how many posts? 154 after this one posts...

I am a forum-holic [​IMG]

-----------------------------------

My favorite threads are the vintage dragsters, vintage photos, vintage speedboats...gotta love them....[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  25. The37Kid

The37Kid

If there weren't great people building great cars, or talking about the history of ones built in the past there would be no reason to post anything. Once someone helps you with an answer to a build problem you sonehow owe everyone some help with their current build. The race cars 1984-1944 thread is one of my favorites, someone posts a question about a car and within a week or less just about every fact on the car is known. I enjoy being part of the World Wide HAMB family. Bob

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  27. If you don't read the hamb every day then the next time you go on, it has moved 15 pages! This site has more traffic than I65.

28. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

I spend a lot of time on here...(usually about 1/2 hour in the morning, and maybe 1/2 hour or more at night, with an occasional mid day boost too)
    I am retired, so really enjoy it.
    It is an awesome forum, and I love to see the creative cars built and shared on here, and I do post a lot of "Nice Job", or "Good for you" comments.
    I also continue to be amazed at the technical support I have received the last ~2 years while building my '63 Biscayne project.
    The knowledge on here is just unsurpassed...period!
    While I may or may not agree with a lot of comments posted, the Admin's also do an awesome job with this huge crowd of gearheads.
    Cheers........

29. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

Yeah, too much I guess. My wife walked by the other day and saw me on the puter and says "My God, you're obsessed with the HAMB". I guess I'm a "HAMBoholic".

48 Poncho

30. relik

relik

x2, this is a very popular spot!

btw, how long does it take for the 'fabulous new guy' designation to go away?

(ducking head)