Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hurst Shifter ID

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vince76, Jan 4, 2012.

1. vince76

vince76

Anybody recognize this shifter? I got it out of a Closed Pontiac dealership. There are no other identifiying marks on it that I can see. I thought it might be from an early GTO or something like that. No markings on the lever either. Is it just a generic shifter?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Vincent
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Igosplut

Igosplut

Looks to me that someone fabricated another lever onto a comp plus body. Nice job too.

3. amx180mph

amx180mph

That is a 1966 Pontiac GTO Factory Hurst Shifter
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  4. lump

lump

I've always heard that this type Hurst shifter with round bar NOT stamped as "HURST" and with the "Competition Plus" body is for early GTO. I had a similar one, which Poncho experts told me was 64 GTO. It sold at the Cars and Parts swap meet in Springfield, Ohio, after sitting in my booth for only a few minutes. Price was $75, I think.

5. They all pretty much say patent panding. It is just a Comp Plus. It has no mounting brackets you get the proper installation kit for it from hurst and it fits what you put it on. I may not be a fabbed stick either, some hurst shifters had round sticks if they came stock in a vehicle like say a GTO or a Chevelle SS or ???

6. amx180mph

amx180mph

I had several of these in stock in the dealership i worked at years ago they had no logo I am not sure if it was only the parts obtained from GM had no logo or if some of the cars came from the factory with no logo as well. The shifters I had in stock looked like your picture.

7. Chevy55

Chevy55
    from Nebraska

The one in my 66 GTO had a handle shaped just like that but it did say hurst on the handle.