Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Harms Way

Harms Way

2. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Wow Rusty Truck that stub nose Dodge is pretty rare didnt know Dodge built anything like that. Pretty amazing.

3. Harms Way

Harms Way

4. Harms Way

Harms Way

5. rusty truck

rusty truck
    from rochester

6. rusty truck

rusty truck
    from rochester

7. OldBlueOval

OldBlueOval
    from Upstate NY

This caddy was scraped! the inside was shot! all the floors and trunk area was rusted awayopen the doors and you could move the posts had the motor but no aircleaner.It sat in the back pasture area with the cows The scrap guy wanted $800 firm

Attached Files:

• 117.jpg
      117.jpg
      File size:
      545 KB
      Views:
    • 116.jpg
      116.jpg
      File size:
      552.8 KB
      Views:
  8. rusty truck

rusty truck
    from rochester

9. RICKY~RICARDO

RICKY~RICARDO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milwaukee

This one pisses me off why would you store a car outside and never do anything with it?
    Location public storage.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. rusty truck

rusty truck
    from rochester

11. rusty truck

rusty truck
    from rochester

12. rusty truck

rusty truck
    from rochester

13. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Yes, they used only the finest vinyl from the fakest trees! And it still had all of the factory bondo and the optional painted over window rubber and even a ventilated floor! ;)

Wow, this 36 Ford is super cool! Too bad it's so rusty...

14. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I find this sort of thing all the time, and one day the owner realizes they have spent thousands of dollars just to store it, when they could have restored it, then they try to sell it for what the storage cost them... and then they go to scrap when nobody wants a $2000 car for $12000. :(

15. RICKY~RICARDO

RICKY~RICARDO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milwaukee

Very sad this car is complete. The insides were amazingly all there even had the original drivetrain intact,I asked the manager about it he told me the car has been there for over 20 years :( I told him to give me the contact info and he refused i even tried to bribe him lol

16. I'd bet the owner of that Olds probably isn't even around anymore, and there's no-one else who knows it's there. The tarp rotted away a long time ago (see the fragments lying on the ground) and no-one is left to cover it back up. Some research (check the VIN and/or license plate) might uncover who's left that you can deal with.

17. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

love that COE,

18. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Old International,
    [​IMG]

19. rusty truck

rusty truck
    from rochester

20. scrappybunch

scrappybunch
    from nj

This one has been outside for years, if only they cleaned out the garage would still be appreciating in value.

Attached Files:

21. Cutlassboy68

Cutlassboy68
    BANNED
    from Boone, Nc

SCRAPPY!!! THAT CAR!!! is it for sale? Have a Customer driving me crazy looking for one...

22. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

If businessmen readily handed out client's contacts they'd be out of business. A protective storage yard owner usually doesn't even let non-customers in for pictures. Wrong way to go about it, undoubtedly others have attempted same thing you have over last 20 years. Figure out a way to make yourself stand out somehow. Try giving all of your information along with a gift to the manager while asking of passing it along to Olds owner. Or be more creative then arrogantly telling storage folks what to do.

Don't bother trying to research VIN/plate. Waste of time. Don't listen to 'advice' that owner is dead/whatever. Small percentage chance at best. If property isn't paid for - it is sold off.

23. scotts52

scotts52

Wow! 57 Buick Caballero, Quite rare. Is this still out there? I'd love to get another one. I also have a soft spot for those big ol commercial delivery vans

24. fullthrottle53

fullthrottle53

Hey!! Where did you get pictures of my back yard! He who dies with the most projects, still dies!!

25. I need that Pontiac wagon.

26. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I watched a 55 starchief in the same colors as the safari sit in front of a garage from 71 to the mid 90s rotting away,it only had 16,000 miles on it and if they would have cleaned the garage out could have gotten alot more money from it. I was going to buy it but had too many other projects and no where to put it.

27. RICKY~RICARDO

RICKY~RICARDO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milwaukee

Yes i know what ya mean but i was there on buisness i was seal coating the lot about 250k sqft so i was there in and out for a few days, thought it would not hurt to ask, That was over a year ago.

28. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I have left my info with storage yards and other places like that asking if they could give it to the owners and had pretty good luck. Also leaving notes in cars has worked for me too, sometimes several years later.

29. electra483

electra483

I saved this 1968 Chevelle from "death by crusher". It was sitting for years in my friends yard (along with about a hundred 55-64 BelAir/Impala). It was finally going to be scrapped for the weight so lets just say I got it cheap!

My friend is just not into Chevelles which was good for me. The car still had the original 327/PG in it. Was a factory a/c car, but the a/c parts were long gone. I fixed it up, and got it running then sold it a year later.

Attached Files:

30. rusty truck

rusty truck
    from rochester