Register now to get rid of these ads!

I'm here everybody, I am 11 years old and today I got my first truck!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by David Doo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Welcome....F1's rule I just picked up a 51.

2. gmil60

gmil60

Welcome David !! I used to build models but my mom dusted them away!
    Regards From Connecticut
    gmil60

3. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

David,
    First of all welcome to the hamb. You won't find a better place for info on your project. Second of all how cool is it that you are 11 years old and already have a project to work on with your dad and grandpa. That is just fantastic. Have fun.
    Gasser Girl

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  4. Congrats!!!! Welcome aboard!! I see you dads got good taste in the shirts he picks!!

5. ARNIE

ARNIE

Is that gonna be the new push truck for the Fiat? Welcome, Happy New year! Have Fun. Arnie

6. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Welcome David,
    Your lucky to have a project at such a young age. It's really nice to see a family enjoy thier hobby together. Good luck and keep us posted.:)
    Bob

7. Congratulations David - My first truck was a 50 Ford F1 and I was 13 years old. Buying that old Ford back in 1973 was the best thing I ever did ! Have fun with your new project.

8. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congratulations on your truck! I hope you plan on making a cool shop truck so when you get your license you can go on parts runs for your dad!

9. toolman1967

toolman1967

Congrats on your truck, my son was 12 when he got his first car so I know how proud your dad is for you.

10. David Doo

David Doo

I struggled with fractions. Today I used my math skills to build "toy" gun. I still need to paint it. I learned how to use a drill press again, and other tools in the shop.

as far as the truck goes, the 6 cylinder has a cracked block so we are going to put a Flathead V8 in it and fix the brakes so we can drive it around.

Attached Files:

11. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Very nice gun! You are a talented young man.

12. well your dad or grandpa shoulda warned you- only 2 things get burned deep into a guys gut and can never be shucked off, thats cars, especially your first- and girls, especially your first.......welcome to the club,,enjoy the life

13. You will have fun with that, only a few years befor your driven. Listen to Dad and Grandpa. My first was a 50 F1 with a 6.

14. Welcome David. I started messing around with old cars with my dad when I was about your age, and I'm 42 now and haven't stopped!

Listen to the instruction that your Dad and Grandpaw give you and have a great time!

15. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

Welcome from Canton, Ohio... Great start!

16. KomoG2

KomoG2
    from Utah

Welcome from Florida! Flathead powered huh, sweeeet! Enjoy the time you spend working on the truck and other projects with your family David!
    KomoG2

17. bigtom

bigtom

welcome david and good luck with your pick up,i think its awesome your into the old rides.your the youth keeping it going.

18. Not just yet, Maybe in a few years though. I will need a bigger trailer!

19. doc's

doc's

Welcome & nice truck.....I bought my first car when I was 12 (mowed a lot of yards) & loved every minute of it since.

Good luck!!

20. ImaHero

ImaHero
    from Canberra

welcome mate,

if ur starting at the age of 11 cant wait to see what ur building when ur 30+