Register now to get rid of these ads!

cam specs 352 dual quad

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by yblockhead, Dec 30, 2011.

1. yblockhead

yblockhead

just picked up a rebuilt 352 ford that was never started. it was rebuilt in 1964! In any case it has an Elgin 153 cam grind in it. anyone have an old catalog handy? i dont know if it is mech or hydraulic, as the rockers werent set up.

I emailed Elgin Co., but no response from them.. i think they have been bought and sold several times, anyway.

thanks in advance!

2. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

Probably solid lifter engine. Might surprise you. If you can't get specs, try
    .025 on the valves for starters. Hopefully someone can help here.

3. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

Do you mean Elgin Cams in Santa Rosa, CA? Call Them, 707-545-6115, ask to talk to "Dema" he is Dimitri Elgin and he will know. Super guy and be prepared to talk cams for awhile.

4. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Dema has been on vacation. He will be back soon. He has not ever been bought or sold to my knowledge

5. yblockhead

yblockhead

OK, thanks! im not sure where i read that they had been bought by a bigger company. Ill wait till after the new year to see if i get a response. I emailed Dema right before christmas.

6. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc