Register now to get rid of these ads!

lookin for info on this AD truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spartakus, Dec 22, 2011.

1. spartakus

spartakus
    from nebraska

Im new around here or mostly just pick around so anyways, good day to you all.

I got an old AD truck and I look around alot at pictures of other guys trucks to figure out what I want to do or whatever and I'm sure I found this pic of this old GMC on here some time ago but, cant find it anymore.

Does anybody know anything about this truck? Appreciate any help. Ricky.

Attached Files:

2. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

I dont know a thing about it, however as clean and straight as it is I'd like to see more as well....He even solved the gap issue between the hood and fender....(thats a bugger to fix, as me how I know)

3. Hi Ricky,firstly welcome.
    I'm like salty,sorry don't know about this one either,but hang in there someone here might know a bit more.....
    Cool truck,kind of inspired me....

4. Welcome Ricky, really cool looking truck....good luck with your search!

5. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I'm a fellow AD owner as well.. Can't say I know anything about that particular truck. But, welcome!

Be sure to do an into as the others aren't too keen about new guys skipping out on that.

6. Clark

Clark

That is Tank's truck. Not sure if he is on here anymore.

The truck is on an S-10 frame. It is chopped around 2 inches with the roof leaning forward just a bit and the windshield laid back a little too.

Here's it's evel twin. My brother inlaw's truck. Same chop just more extreme.
    Clark
    [​IMG]

7. Yes, it is not an AD truck. It is a new design GMC. Advance design trucks are chevrolets only. To answer what you really wanted to know, I do not know who owns it.

8. Cymro

Cymro

I too would like a bit more info on this truck,

I have the image as my computer's wallpaper borrowed from here, I belive it is one of" Not Stock Photo" 's images, he has posted some great shots on this forum.

9. Cymro

Cymro

2" inch chop? that may explain the very subtle,stock but cooler look of the black truck,

10. Clark

Clark

[​IMG]

Here's another pic of Tank's truck. I'll let him know about this post.
    Clark

11. 1lucky1

1lucky1
    from Morgan NJ

Join The A D Group He's out there Lucky

12. spartakus

spartakus
    from nebraska

I dont know anything about the gap issue betwix the hood and fender - whats that all about?
    Yeah, I keep coming back to that pic. It's kinda messmerizing or something. The truck is set up pretty darn nice and subtle but, sometimes its hard to visually put together whats all been done.
    Yep, I need to do that. Just seem to scoll right past that part.
    Well that makes sense on "Tank's" chop amount. A little different but, not too much. I was interested in what it all had done to it. Sometimes that pic looks like the hood is sectioned but, I think it just throws me cause of the GMC grille. I like the stance also, obviously bagged although I'm gonna use the original frame here.
    Thanks. Actually didn't know that. BTW, read your build thread and was nice to see somebody with almost as much cab rust/replacement as myself and not just go for a new cab. Good work.
    I agree. Subtle, straight and clean.
    I appreciate it.
    I did join it. Thanks.

Thanks for all the replies and effort fellas. Merry Christmas. Ricky.

13. Clark

Clark

I'm pretty sure the hood wasn't pie cut. The bed is moved up about 3-4 inches.
    Clar

14. Cymro

Cymro

I've seen this trick of raising the bed a couple of inches before, it looks better than a stock bed which does look a little low.
    It would be fairly easy to carry out having just re done mine stock, I never thought about it, d***! as you would only need taller spacer blocks under the bed cross members, reposition the fenders to suit and taller panels where the step is ( I don't know the proper name for this panel) and perhaps a rolled rear panel or modified bumper mounts at the rear.
    I'ts a clever way of hiding a notched chassis, without losing out on bed space, and also improving the proportions of the truck.

15. 48stude

48stude

"dont know anything about the gap issue betwix the hood and fender - whats that all about?"
    Here is a typical drivers side fit. I borrowed this pic from carnuts website.
    I have seen Tanks truck several times and I have always liked it. Bill

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  16. spartakus

spartakus
    from nebraska

Clark, thanks for the response. I wasn't sure from the first picture.

48stude, appreciate the pic. I am pretty certain that my truck did not have that gap issue before I took it apart. Hard to remember. On the other hand, maybe that issue could come up upon reassembly again though.

Ricky

17. BlackLion

BlackLion
    from Nashville

Yeah,

my hood/fender gap got worse when I put the new rubber kit in. Damn near a half inch raised. I'd like to hear how that's resolved.

18. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Roughly 98% of every AD truck I have seen has had a wonky gap on the top of the fender/bottom of the hood...it almost appears as if the hood lip is pulled up and raised a tad....

I tried everything to fix mine prior to sectioning my truck....then when I sectioned the truck I had to cut the hood up and section/pancake it....when I had the hood in a zillion peices I re-positioned everything to solve the gap/wonky-ness and correct it....

I was just making a comment of the fit and finish....(attention to detail) if it was unintentional then you got lucky...cause it's a bugger to fix.