Register now to get rid of these ads!

What car show would you do?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rats28, Nov 28, 2011.

1. sololobo

sololobo

Taking into consideration your location I would say the Lone Star Roundup would be a great fit. It is an awesome event with multiple aspects, beautiful showgrounds with a cool undercover swap meet, cool minibike races, great food, best music line up ever, really cool shaded vendors row, very reasonable entry fees, cackle fest with hot rails and bad boy racers. The nite time is the best cruzin, music clubs, free music shows, super food spots, and tons o eye candy. The Austin Speed Shop holds a open house event that is uber cool, my favorite event! That is one you may consider ~sololobo~

2. Bud Reynolds

Bud Reynolds

I like Hershey in the fall. Only original and restored original cars but it is something to see. The car corral has hundreds of cars for sale, parts of all decriptions. Plan to stay a couple of days at least. Saturday is show car day. Unbelievable if you haven't seen it, and it is free, except for a parking fee.

Bud Reynolds

3. For looking at cars nothing beats the Long Beach Motorama but for good laughs and good times with people can't beat Billetproof California. I have never been to Santa Maria before but I am planning to in May and can't wait. I also have never been to LSRU but I want to go hella bad.

4. I think most of these replies did not take into account that you are in Louisiana. I think you mentioned your location because you don`t want to drive halfway across the U.S.
    With that said, the LONE STAR ROUND UP is really the "only" show that needs mentioning.
    It is held each April in Austin. Next show is APRIL 13,14,15, 2012 !

There are quite a few other shows that are great but LSRU is a "cannot miss" event.

5. Kustomline54

Kustomline54

If your looking to TRAVEL for a car show come to Cali, GNRS or mooneyes xmas party is a great show. I would like to go to the Lone star round up one day...

6. tire fryer

tire fryer
    from kansas

Salina in July its really great!!!

7. derpr

derpr

how about world of wheels in new orleans, or viva las vegas

8. derpr

derpr

cruisin the coast or the turkey run in daytona

9. Lone Star Roundup

Pebble Beach

10. GNRS belongs in Oakland .... I'll just hang loose until it returns!

11. mid-mo lacquer

mid-mo lacquer
    from Missouri

Frog Follies in Evansville, Indy late August is a GREAT show!! will make a grown man Ribbit!!!

12. banditomerc

banditomerc

Los Angeles Roadsters Show/swapmeet on Fathers Day is cool.

13. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Seriously people, 42 replies and no one mentions the HAMB Drags in Aug??
    My favorite of the year and a nice drive from LA.

14. back to the fifties, st. paul fairgrounds-- 11,000 cars and counting

15. The best part about owning a kustom or hot rod is the long distance drives.

16. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool shows, cool weather what you are looking for? Vintage Torquefest in May in Iowa, and Iron Invasion in Illinois in October. Great music, lots of action, great people, good times had by all. Huge trip but closer than some already mentioned.

17. jazzfidelity

jazzfidelity

Lone Star does sound best proximity, maybe the KKOA in Salina Kansas but there are maybe others closer, also try the local shows listed in the Hemings Events section..

18. symco in wisconsin is something to see. also like the march meet cool to see and participate. the goodguys show in bowling green is fun also. i lean more toward the racing scene because i get bored just looking at cars parked in the sun. i want to see what they can do. anyone can build something to drive but can it handle all the power that is put in it and stay together. i see too many phony cars at shows these days. you cant be phony for to long at the track the BS stops after you stage.