Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stromberg jetting

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hrm2k, Dec 23, 2011.

1. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have been getting a lesson or 10 getting my strombergs set up to my liking. I had read a small amount on the variable Jets for 97, 48 & 81 carbs. There was only one thread from about 3 years ago where they were mentioned here on the HAMB.
    They sell for about $40 a set. Has anyone had any experience with them ? They almost seem to good to be true so I thought I would ask.

Attached Files:

2. moparp2

moparp2

I use them and the ones Charlie makes for the Holley 94's here in my shop. If you can "read" a spark plug, go for it.

3. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

ive used them . give up & bought a weber ! ..................... steve

4. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wish you would have been around 30 years ago!---I would have GIVEN you all my 97 jets--plugs--jet wrench--gaskets & all!!!---Don

5. Ole don

Ole don

Are you sure its a jet issue? That fuel mileage sounds more like power valves stuck open or leaking. I had three 97's on a 286 flatty. They were removed for jet changes about six time before I got them right. After that, they were trouble free.

6. I soldered up my stock jets and used a numbered drill set to redrill.