Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wide rear inner wheel tub -55 chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by caddy56, Dec 20, 2011.

1. caddy56

caddy56
    from Sweden

A close friend of mine searching new wider rear inner wheel tubs for his -55 chevy 2dr sedan,does anyone know where to buy thoose ?
    Any leads is epreciated.
    Thank´s
    Thomas

2. 69fury

69fury

For minitubs in general (dont know if there's some special product for 55s) most just make them. Split the seam, move the inner, weld in flat strip of steel to fill the gap.

rick

3. squirrel

squirrel

I used a pair of 58 Suburban tubs to make mine.

The rear inner fenders on a 55 are way longer than they need to be, so you probably don't want to make the whole thing wider, just make it wider where the tire is.

[​IMG]

4. Summit Racing. They are never model specific, you just make them fit.

5. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

I made mine from cheap trailer fenders at the local farm supply. The wheel tub is made more squared off to fit the shape of a wider tire.
    [​IMG]

6. Johnny99

Johnny99

I don't think anyone makes wide tubs for tri fives specific:confused:. Here are a couple of pictures of my OT 56. I used the method mentioned above, split the wheel house and shoved it in close to the frame rail and added a strip of tin, wanted kind of a factory look. Sorry I can't find my under construction pics. There are some good threads on trifive.com that will get you through this. Hardest part for me was welding under the package tray, not much room and I am kinda walrus shaped! 12-3/4" tire under the car with enough room for a little more.

Merry Christmas to All!

John

Attached Files:

7. Danchuck shows them in their catalog, but don't know anything else about how they fit etc.

8. caddy56

caddy56
    from Sweden

Thank you all guys for the suggestions,i will show him your ideas and make sure he will do the right thing.Happy Holidays to you all.
    Regards Thomas

9. I know they make them for the Camaros...

They look just like stock ones, only wider.

Maybe Google the Camaro ones.

Sam

10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

can always use single axle fenders from a trailer supply shop

11. munciemike

munciemike
    from WI

I made my own by cutting and adding a strip, looks like stock. You can look at williamsclassicchassisworks.cim. They offer minitubs for the 55, these are more squared off on the edge though. I have purchased from them and their stuff is quality. The post about trifive.com is correct, you will find a lot of pics there on this topic.

12. roughneck424

roughneck424