Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Lucky Find. 32 Ford 3w!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4psi, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Great find.........and quick thinking.

Can the fellow you bought it from give you any further history on
    the car? Might be something else interesting there besides your
    purchase story.

2. Not one of my favourite cars but that pic of your uncles one is a sure winner with me.
    Must be the cool low chop.

3. Bitchin lil story and a bitchin find!!

-Shiny

4. 4psi

4psi

3wCharlie eh? That has a cool ring to it. Don't shy away from facebook, that site is full of joy. haha.

The guy I bought it from doesn't know much of anything about the car. He collected this car and a truck for a debt that was owed to him back in the early 90's.

I have been doing my research. The car came from the Dallas, TX area and looks to have been built the way it sits around the late 70's. My Uncle's friend Charlie D used to own the car at some point. I got to meet Charlie at the Hot Rod Revolution, he was there with a really nice Black 3w. I showed him a picture of the car from my cell phone and he instantly knew every detail about the car! He told me when he first got the car it had a fake blower!! haha. He is going to try to send me some pictures of the car from back when he had it. I will be sure to post them when I get them.

-Charlie

5. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I resemble that remark...

...and 4psi, let me know when this 3w is going to be at Hot Rod Garage. :)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. brady1929

brady1929

Congrats, that is awesome

7. basicbob

basicbob

Great Find! Take it from an old guy leave the car alone, you will have the most fun with so many complements!
    Use Jim's advice.

I would go the brakes completely, have both the radiator & gas tank cleaned or replace. From there you have to decide if the engine needs tune up, fuel pump replaced along with water pump replaced.

Clean/polish up he old paint then enjoy.

Wheels are your choice. If you want an early look go for the steelies.

Congrats on your find, Bob

8. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Very nice find!

9. billylo

billylo

Definately the find of the week....Congrats. I knew facebook would be good for something. I guess finding cars!!! :)

10. JCW2110

JCW2110

Congrats on your find! The 32 is my all time favorite car. I remember when I brought mine home for the first time,It was the best feeling ever. There's nothing like bringing home the car you've always wanted.:)

11. Harms Way

Harms Way

Wow !,...

Talk about mixed emotions !!!!,.. First I would like offer you my most heart felt and sincere Congratulations !:),............. But then I would just like to slap you silly !!!!!:mad::cool::D.

But I'll just congratulate you,.... if I have to,..... I guess,.....:(;)

12. deuceman32

deuceman32

Well done, Sir!

Less than two weeks ago I saw a photo of that car, similar to your first photo but taken closer to the car. It was in an album titled something like, "These are cars that I am watching near my home that are just sitting. None of them are for sale".

Timing is everything.

13. Deeter5764

Deeter5764
    from Orange, CA

wow. ass kicking car.

14. 4psi

4psi

I will let you know! Bring that 1932 tag you had on eBay with you! That thing is cool and I wanted it bad, but I have a lot on my list to buy ahead of a tag! lol

I am in the process of updating everything right now. Jim ordered me a new axel and we are going with different springs on the car. I currently have a Superbell tube axel with a 3inch drop, but we are gonna change it.

New carb, fuel lines, fuel pump, wires, distributer, spark plugs, valve cover gaskets, battery, oil, oil filter found its way on the car today. It turns over nice, but I didn't get to fire it up yet. I bought a fuel rail from the local parts store today and it was pure junk. It failed instantly. Next week we hope to put new gaskets and filters in the transmission and new fluid. I am going to build my own fuel line, no more "Chinese Fit All's" as my friend calls them. That is the plan anyways, along with updating the brakes.

You can find a new ex-girlfriend on facebook! Haha..seriously tho..

It is a great feeling! I hope everyone gets the chance to bring home their dream car!!

I would love to see that picture if you can find it!!

It looks like I am working with a 327 from 1969, 2 bolt main. I was really wanting to hear the car run today. Next time its gonna happen!

A few parts to keep me busy today.
    [​IMG]

I know what your thinking, what the heck is up with those running boards, and silver stuff between the body and fenders!! :eek:
    [​IMG]

My uncle was tired of looking at all the dust and junk so he gave the car a little bit of a wipe down. The paint should look pretty good after a complete detail! New wheels and other changes coming soon for a more period correct look.

[​IMG]

-Charlie

15. I just hate it when I am jealous.

16. WOW!! What a score....I would kill to have found this and bring it home. You are one lucky dude....Enjoy it.

17. It's great isn't it. Had to wait 37 years though. Worth the wait.

Here. Here.

Nice find! Congrats.

Doug.

18. 4psi

4psi

I am enjoying it to the fullest. When I am not working on it, I am on here looking at all the great cars and learning!

Doug, 37 years is certainly worth the wait. You never know when or where you will come across what you have been looking for! Always keep your ears open and your eyes peeled because its out there!

-Charlie

19. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

very good score. been in a situation like yours where there were three infront of me but I was also able to bypass the three by offering $200.00 to the person as a finder fee. Funny what a little money will do.

20. 4psi

4psi

What a great story! I believe it is an act of fate any way you look it. If you are able to afford one for the full lick, or find one for pennies on the dollar. Its meant to be.

I was in a funny predicament. I had hoped I could bring her a money deposit sight unseen. When that attempt failed, my next step was to offer more money. It seemed like my only option, so I approached her with a finders fee since the car was her fathers and not hers personally. Its key to be in the right spot at the right time!!

I bet that $200 finders fee you paid was the best $200 you have ever spent in your life! :cool:

I actually offered her father less than his asking price, which also worked. I mean, it was missing the roof insert ya know?!?! haha. :eek:

-Charlie

21. the metalsurgeon

the metalsurgeon
    from Denver

22. Cool story! So you were 7 years old in 1991? That makes you about 28 now. You're young but you like the old cars! That's my favorite part of the story!

23. 4psi

4psi

I just turned 27 in October. I can't get enough of the old steel! That 60olds looks amazing! Where do I sign up to get one of those?? haha

24. hotroddeuce

hotroddeuce
    from Mi

25. AZbent

AZbent

For those of us with out a '32, I think it would be at the top of all of our Christmas lists. Congrats.

26. lump

lump

Congrats on a great barn find. We're ALL jealous.

27. Ed Wrath

Ed Wrath

I second that emotion!

28. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

29. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Nice find! Glad that you are putting some time into it. Make sure you keep us updated!
    J