Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Lurk King joins!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Lurk king, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Lurk king

Lurk king

Hello, H.A.M.B.,
    My name pretty much says it all, I've lurked on this forum for way to long (years) and kinda feel guilty about it. I've learned alot of stuff from the H.A.M.B and feel like I should give something back when I can.
    what prompted me to join is that I've read posts were people have asked questions and I could've helped them out but wasn't able because I was just a LURKER.
    Well that's why I decided to finally Joine up. But the reason I was drawn here in the first place is that I'm totally crazy about early hotrods from the 50's and 60's. I built a 1929 roadster pickup, (who hasn't?) and I think it's pretty cool. There's lots I would change if I was gonna do it again. But it was a real learning experience. I put some pictures of it in my profile album. But I still need to read about posting pics.

Any way a tiny bit about me. I'm 27 married a father of one with anuther due in about 2 weeks! I worked as a mechanic for a long time. but am blessed with the opportunity to take some time off to spend full-time with my family.

2. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Well LK...to answer your first (and only question)...I haven't (built a '29 roadster pickup) nor would I even consider it. But I don't quite get the long-time lurker thing...nor do I get the old timey hot rod thing either...and I don't know why anyone would want a belly button car, either.

FWIW, welcome to the HAMB...now go help someone...!!!

R-

3. Polara Pat

Polara Pat

Way to step out of the shadows brother. Lurk King is part of my hot rod gang and isn't nearly as creepy as he makes himself out to be. Also hands down the best fabricator in our crew.

I figured that I should say something nice to negate the last ass-hole welcome. Didn't your mother ever tell you that if you don't have anything nice to say....then shut the fuck up!!

4. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Yep, she did...but then again there was nothing ass-holey about my comments...he asked a question, I answered it and then explained that I didn't get the long time lurker thing...still don't.

As for my comment about belly button cars...well, that still goes...why not be an individual and build something no one else has...oh wait...it goes back to being part of the crowd...

As for you Polara...with a Pontiac in your avatar, I don't get the Dodge reference, or are you saying you belong in the Polar Zone...wet, cold and confused...!!!

BTW, you are WELCOME to the HAMB, too...enjoy your stay and contribute something...or shut the fuck up...!!!

5. Polara Pat

Polara Pat

You're ridiculous. You simply come across as an ornery old prick when all we're here to do is welcome a new guy to the forum.

Chill the fuck out.

As per the comment on my name and avatar. I don't build and drive one brand of car. Life's too short for narrow mindedness.

And please don't respond to this, nobody cares.

6. 117harv

117harv

Welcome to the HAMB, Lurk King.

7. Lurk king

Lurk king

Thanks for the warm welcome Pat. I'd like to say your not as out spoken and demonstrative as you make yourself out to be......but we know that's not true. Haha.

8. Just Gadget

Just Gadget

Welcome from Tennessee!

9. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

welcome from a FFL
    "fellow former lurker"

10. Well LK...to answer your first (and only question)...I haven't (built a '29 roadster pickup) nor would I even consider it. But I don't quite get the long-time lurker thing...nor do I get the old timey hot rod thing either...and I don't know why anyone would want a belly button car, either.
    FOR CRISE SAKES YA SURE KNOW HOW TO MAKE SOMEBODY FEEL WELCOME. NOW GO BACK TO BED AND GET THE FUCK UP ON THE OTHER SIDE.

11. Greetings from Iowa!

12. pumpman

pumpman

Well, that was interesting, I think. Any who, welcome from Union Pier, MI. Glad to have ya Lurk King!

13. Lupe.

Lupe.
    from TX

Wow, what an entrance!
    Who pissed in the old dudes cheerios?!

Anyways, Welcome to the HAMB!
    Glad you found it. I ended up joining since every time I did a google search for info this site kept popping up and I knew this is where I needed to be.

Ignore the grouches and you'll be fine!

14. Lurk king

Lurk king

Thanks guys.
    I know how much the H.A.M.B loves pictures so here is my first try at posting a pic.
    just a snapshot of my car after I grenaded the third member. To show you I really put my right foot were my mouth is and drive the crap outta this thing.

[​IMG]

http://[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  15. Didn't work lurk, welcome from Central Oregon.

16. daddio211

daddio211

Welcome to you and the little ones! I'd love to see more pics of your A, especially the front suspension setup!

17. Lurk king

Lurk king

Damn it. I can see it on my computer? Anyone else?
    Ok one more try.

[​IMG]

18. daddio211

daddio211

Yep, I see a broken hot rod. Tire off, 3rd member out.

19. Lurk king

Lurk king

So my first try didn't work? But the scond one did? Or can you see both?
    Just wondering because the first one I used "my" IPad and the scond one I used my wife's computer.

20. Got bofe of um.