Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Studebaker Guys on the H.A.M.B.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by woodysrods, Sep 24, 2011.

1. well after owning/driving em' for more than 40yrs....all with Studeee power....yes I should be in....not over on SDC though...

2. The 55 paper route Stude that should have been my high school ride - finally got it in 2008 at his estate sale...had to out bid everyone....

stude 55 003.JPG

Ended up getting and driving a Stude truck instead oh what fun a Stude V/8 with overdrive is when your sixteen...

DH000004.jpg

3. edweird

edweird

heres one thats a record holder. my dads 41 commander.

Attached Files:

4. edweird

edweird

my 53 champion.

Attached Files:

5. and where it sat for about 38 yrs....right next to the porch - where he wanted his paper....

stude 55 005.JPG

6. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

I guess I finally joined.. After not getting my 1953 Stude Commander at 16 years old.. I have now got mine. Delivery should arrive next week.

7. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

cultural infidel from SDC here.

8. Master of None

Master of None

I just sectioned a 1947 M-5 3in for a client. It came out great, now on to the grill and hood sides...

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  9. utfanatic, Good Lookin coupe in your avatar! Wanna "run'em?"They would look good comin off the line together at 7400 R.P.M. Thats where I launch my "Sinister Stude" but then again they been callin me "Redline" for over 32 years...I dunno why...

10. That motor would go good in my Champ!

11. I would love to go for a ride in that Avanti!Whats top speed?

12. gardon

gardon
    from kansas

you guys talk about the sdc forum-how do i get to it?

13. saltracer

saltracer

14. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

15. gardon

gardon
    from kansas

how do I get to the sdc forum?

16. gardon

gardon
    from kansas

dumb question-I found it

17. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

did the link I posted not work?

18. hotrod428

hotrod428

Here's my two, the lark is mine and the coupe is my wife's daily driver in the summer. The Lark has been on the road for 5 years and I've racked up over 50k miles. The coupe has only been on the road a year. Both cars are a work in progress.

Attached Files:

19. killer-D

killer-D

Here is my 1965 ,v8 ,auto, slide roof,factory air,48000 mile wagonaire

20. MistShift

MistShift

Ok, I'll play! Here's a couple pics of my 38. I bought her this spring pretty much as you see it. Chopped hard, suicide doors, bagged, lays frame. On fullsize GM pickup frame with 350/t400. I know, I know, I was hoping it was Studie frame/powertrain, but no such luck. Upside, parts are plentiful and she drives/stops very well. I will take more pics, as the ones posted here were taken by a local pro for the PO, and all I got were these copies. AND they forgot to dump the bags when they shot the pics. I have no idea who the chromed-out Elvis is in the shot.

I have a ton to do to it, the interior was taken out for work by the PO and now gone... door panels, headliner etc. The seats are swivel Elky buckets in front and GM in rear, cut down. The dash is butt-ugly 70's GM, will be fabbing a steel dash with a marine engine-turned gauge pod I have from a 50's Chris Craft with original SW's.

The paint is still shiny and whoever shot it did a great job, but there's a couple of spots where it's flaking, so it's going to get stripped and reshot in the shiniest, blackest black I can find. The wheels will be ditched or repainted in the centre with matte grey, as they are sorta Halibrand knockoffs. Those, or chrome reverse, or reverse with baby moons...jury's out on that one til she gets her new black dress.

I don't love the molded-in headlights (though they DO throw alot of good light), so I think they're coming off and flat panels going where they're mounted now. However, I want the new headlights (I'm thinking long pod-type) in a similar position, as she looks sooooo wide when they're set close like they are now. Meh. We'll see.

Anyway, enough about the my sh*t. Thanks for starting the thread.

JC

Attached Files:

21. study fan myself! working on 41 mseries pu. chop chanel and more....

Attached Files:

• 015.JPG
      015.JPG
      File size:
      145.2 KB
      Views:
    • 017.JPG
      017.JPG
      File size:
      153.1 KB
      Views:
    • 040.JPG
      040.JPG
      File size:
      142.3 KB
      Views:
    • 044.JPG
      044.JPG
      File size:
      147.7 KB
      Views:
  22. Damn, didn't think there were that many oddballs here! I just brought my 46 M series out of storage and back in the shop last week. Been busy, but I really missed the old girl! I'm weeks away from finishing my last customer turn key project. Then it's finally my turn to play with MY stuff!!!!! Nice rides all around guys!

23. MistShift

MistShift

Very stout Studie John! Looookeeeeng good!

24. Reverborama

Reverborama
    from Minnesota

[​IMG]
    Greg and I have a '53 coupe we race at Bonneville
    Speed Week 2011: Dawn on the salt flats in line for a record run

My '47 M5 the day I got it:
    [​IMG]

And what's going on under the hood now:
    [​IMG]

25. 37StudeDictator

37StudeDictator

Here is my '37 Dictator. I just got it back on the road this year after a two-year "restoration" (that only took 10 years). I have kept it mostly original but built it as a driver. It has a lot of upgrades to make it more dependable. I am having a lot of fun with it so far. I also have a 1948 Commander Starlight Coupe that is a future project.

Attached Files:

26. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

Will be changing the WWW for blacks and Torque Thrust.. 350/700R...Dodge cop car front/rear
    From a HAMB'er.. Thanks Chuck
    [​IMG]

27. Undercover Customs

Undercover Customs

Hey, here's my 3 M series. In the PNW as well, at the base of Mt. Hood.
    Well - it won't let me load the big truck picture, but it's an M-15 with a 12x 8 tilt flat bed

Attached Files:

28. 5w32

5w32

i have always been a stude dude! welcome!

Attached Files:

bchctybob likes this.
  29. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

Here's mine....32 President Model 91 hot rod...click on avatar and see my photo album for more shots and descriptions...84,000 driven hot rod miles and very rare...

30. 32ford07

32ford07

this is my 49 same truck thats in my avatar, more pics in my album. i built it when i was 15 and now 10 years later im givin it a face lift. and yes i have more steel wheels and white walls for it!:D

Attached Files: