Register now to get rid of these ads!

3 years ago,Today,My son died..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldfart, Dec 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockys Rod Shop

Rockys Rod Shop
    from nj

Lost my Dad and best friend 31 years ago to day and i still think of him everyday!!!!!!

2. mopar210

mopar210

old fart- my deepest symphathy to you and yours . i felt a similar pain 2 months ago (sept.16) - the pain for you has to be so deep ! my nephew was killed in an accident (27 years old) . the call at 1:36 am on that early saturday morning from my brother , put me on my knees . im sitting here right now with tears as i write this . brad and i were very tight - i watched him grow into a fine young man , such a joy to be around . my brother and i have been building a hot rod gasser together for about 9 months now , lots of tears , some laughs , i have gained a lot of respect for the man he is . i cant imagine the pain he - and you - must feel . i , most days am at a loss for words when we are together , then we remember that GREAT BIG shit eatin grin he got on his face , it brings some joy to the moment . god bless you . its gettin hard to see the screen now , back to work on the rambler , and get a little therapy .

3. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't recall if I was one of those 138, I hope I was.
    I have never had children to loose. I have had mates I served with that were closer to me than any other human being will ever be that I have lost. I think I can understand your pain I knelt behind a brick wall with my best mate in my arms while he died looking at me, his section medic to save him.
    The only thing I can say is just think of the good times.

Serious, just the good times.

Doc.

(PS, Oh, and that prick that gave you shit, post up his name.)

4. lump

lump

Sincere condolences. I lost most of my family in an auto wreck in 1978, and I still ache over that tragic day. I wish you the best, and pray for your inner peace to return...as much as it can. For me, I try to think about how my family would have wanted me to react. Certainly they would not have wanted me to die, or totally collapse with long-term grief. Clearly they would have wanted me to remember the good times, and laugh at funny old memories, and go on with life...surrounded by my loving wife, kids, and grandkids. I try to stay focused on that thought.

Best wishes, sincerely.

5. movingviolation

movingviolation

One foot in front of the other..... I feel for your loss. I take time to remember all the funny things, the good moments and i usually end up smiling and laughing... almost as if they were there with me.

Ignore those who dont provide positive and helpful feelings.....

All the best in the future.... the HAMB provides wonderful people who can pick ya up when ya reach rock bottom.

6. grazy

grazy

Today is my first birthday without my mom I did'nt even remember it was my birthday until someone at work sat a box of cookies on my desk and I said" whats the cookies for ? " Christmas will never be the same without her either but not a day goes by with my grief that I dont get pissed at my self and think she would by mad at me for acting this way. Keep going and God bless you. You will never forget but a day will come when the things that used to make you break down with its memories will make you smile even if a tear rolls down your cheek with the smile.

7. Fireant

Fireant
    from Texas

Oldfart,

So sorry for your loss. I will keep your family in may prayers. God only gives us what we can handle, so stay strong and trust in God.

8. sincerest condolences.

" A life remembered is a life not lost"

9. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

I'm sorry for your loss, sir. I hope you quickly find peace in your life, and hope too that the HAMB community helps in that quest.

10. cheveey57

cheveey57

Forget...... the asshole that said that, may he never feel your pain.

Remember...... the good times with your son, and know tha he is always with you.

Pete

11. metalshapes

metalshapes

Acctually, if you'd read that thread you'd see he was trying to get to terms with a tragedy of his own.

Its totally up to you, but I'd cut him some slack...

12. belair

belair

It's hard to speak to things we haven't dealt with personally, but we can bear one another's burdens. Thanks for letting us carry a small piece of the load. God bless you.

13. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Still got you on my rolling prayer list OF. Hope things are getting a little better for you. I see you have been working on some new tin.

14. DMFB

DMFB

I can't even begin to understand how you must feel, however, I do send my absolute most sincerest condolences.

15. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I found out over ten years ago that my first cousin had killed herself. We grew up together and I spent a ton of time at their house with my aunt and uncle, and other cousins, They had moved out of state and I lost touch, I still beat myself up to this day thinking If I had kept in touch better or something this never would have happened. I know I couldn't have prevented it but I still blame myself. So I can understand a little of how you feel. :( I really looked up to her so it was like losing a sister.

16. My heart goes out to all you guys who have experienced loss of a child or a close loved one.

I've been around a few suicides and I think I'd be playing out what-if scenarios in my head every day for the rest of my life. But in the end, we can only do what we can do.

17. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

Screw that asshole, you know you did your best.......don't let the shoulda's, woulda's or coulda's eat your ass as there is not a thing you can change. Remember him in your heart and move on with life as he would want you to.

18. metalshapes

metalshapes

I dont like where this is going.

He was insensitive, but without a doubt infuenced by his own experiences.

OF, I'm very sorry for your loss, and his...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.