Register now to get rid of these ads!

No Boring Cars!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DirtyJohn, Dec 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldsman71

oldsman71

neat!!! saw it in person, its one fast booger!!!

2. slammed

slammed

I need morphine.

3. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

That is a clusterfuck,same reason people look at a car crash. Seems 70% of those postiong love the ratrod style. That the majority like this shit wont ever change my attitude toward calling it what it is.
    It being at the Drags dont make it right either. I went to billetproof and more cars looked like this than traditional so I haven't went back.

4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

There's a LOT of different things going on there. Kinda confusing. Oh well.

I'm no prude, but I sure wouldn't have "FU*K OFF" on the back of ANYTHING.
    "cartoon-come-to-life"?

5. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

I got the magazine in the mail a couple days back. At first I thought is was just thrown together. But that is not the case. Like the look or not, it has considerable engineering and work involved.

6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

That about covers it.

7. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

too wacky looking. yes it's fast, but too wacky looking.

8. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

Got it< good read and congrats

9. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

The corvair was kinda cool...

10. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

That's funny. A friend of mine who barely speaks any English, and is has no understanding or interest necessarily in hot rods jokingly sent me a text the other day that said "this is you car" and it was that car. Even he knew it was ugly.

That's a rat rod, I don't care how fast or well built it is, it's gross. And I don't think it takes balls to build something that looks like that, 90% of the world thinks rat rods are cool. Probably gets tons of thumbs up from dudes in walmart putchased OCC t shirts.

The fact that it's fast does interest me, that part is cool. But why not build something wicked fast that is also pleasing to look at? "Different" doesn't do it for me when it's done in blatant poor taste.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  11. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

one more for the non-haters

[​IMG]

12. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Sweet skulls bro

13. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

Being only 40 years old I have to ask...has the world always been like this? Can't just keep your mouth shut and let somebody enjoy their moment? Pretty rude stuff.

14. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Krass and Bernie didn't come around til 75 but that is my first thought when I see something made from mismatched junkyard left overs to go fast. Yes I understand the engineering just talking about the look. Sorry

15. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

^^^^^^you just described the birth of hot rodding

16. 117harv

117harv

DirtyJohn, is your avatar your T?

17. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

18. slammed

slammed

It is a well built race car, draped in Rat Rod body. Why? Why the cliche?

19. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

I hope for his safety he puts a rollbar adequate for a 9.00 /147mph ride.

20. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

I can't speak for Mark so I can't say why he chose it to look how it does. I think it's incredibly creative and edgy but that's just me. There are plenty of cars in our group that lack shiny paint and have some rust spots. We are a drag race group so I guess the best answer I can give you as that it just looks meaner. All hot rods have become a cliche to an extent wouldn't you say? I mean it's VERY difficult to create a totally original ride. I could point out many cliche looks that are HAMB polite but I won't. I think Skull Orchard is anything but cliche.

21. Congrats on making the cover of Hot Rod. Your buddies truck has a ot of interesting stuff going, but IMHO, would have looked much better with nice shiny paint. Oh well, not my truck. By the way, your T looks killer from what I see of it.
    (edit) The fake looking patina is more of an issue then old paint.

22. SKULL ORCHARD

SKULL ORCHARD
    from KS
    1. The Gas House Gang

This car is NHRA certified to 8.50.

23. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

that thing looks stupid,,,i saw the new hot rod tonight at walgreens ,the cover said something like "NO BORING CARS",and i was thinking to my self how much HOT ROD magazine has really went down hill...to put a turd like that on the cover...

24. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Quoted for eloquence.:D

25. Deuces

Deuces

Yup!... It's a rat rod.. :rolleyes:

26. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Maybe the pics but didnt see 10 points. Notably the diagonals behind the seats.

27. todztoyz

todztoyz

Must kill some of these guys to see that HAMB plaque on that firewall! I love it, congrats on the cover. The car featured right after it is pretty killer too.

28. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

...big block 69 camaros are fast too...maybe we should post them up on the hamb too ,,because they are just as traditional as 10 second rat rod trucks....(edit, congrats to your bud on making the cover, but this is a traditional hot rod website,,so dont get yer panties in a bunch if people dont agree with you)

29. If you read the editorial, it is about making money. they claim this type of rod on the cover sells mags. If shiny paint sold more mags, they would put that on the cover.

When a legislator holds up this book and says that is what congress or state legislators have to outlaw, these unsafe old cars, we can say that it is very fast and they will surely understand.

Rat rods will get everyone outlawed. The ironic part is that Hotrod magazine started out with a mission to change the negative public opinion, and this latest crew doesn't care about public opinion .

I got Hotrod and Street rodder on the same day. As I held them in my hands the Street rodder was twice as fat. Makes you wonder.

30. Ghost28

Ghost28

Fight as we may over build syles. The fact of the matter is that us so called traditional baby boomers are no longer the top priority for advertisers. So grumble as we may about things not looking as we want them, or expect them to look. Or threatening to not go back to certain events cuz they don't offer or cater to our whims is not gonna matter anymore. Like it or not there is a younger generation that is being catered to now, and what they like is now what matters. Maybe we need to grow up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.