Register now to get rid of these ads!

1950 Chev/ Pontiac Interchange Parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by THE CHIEF, Sep 19, 2007.

1. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

I Have A 50 Pontiac Silver Streak Coupe Sedan What Model Chevy Could I Interchange Body Parts

2. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

bump..no one knows?

3. customcory

customcory

I think the Pontiac is longer. I know the rocker moulding is a different length.:D

4. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

I would say a 50 chev, an 88 or super88 olds, and maybe the cheapest version of the buick?
    Either way, about the only stuff that will interchange is the glass, window regulators, and door mechanisms. the doors themselves and the decklid also will interchange, but you would have to do all new trim holes. ( an easy way to dechrome a silver streak trunk lid is to replace it with a chevy, saves a lot of welding.
    hope this helps, Its been a while since I played with this year gm car so I am a little rusty.

5. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

more info.. 49 to 52 chev, and 49 to 52 pontiac were all basically the same in regards to my earlier post.
    the pontiacs all had a 120inch wheelbase as compared to the chevs 115. the difference was in the front fender and hood. They needed extra room for the straight 8.

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

coupe sedan? 2 door sedan???

doors and trunk lid and glass from the same body style in chevy 49 - 52. lower quarter patch panels are prolly the same, but the pontiac has different rear wheel openings (?)

7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

yeah... what jon said

8. U.S. Marshals

U.S. Marshals

I'm pretty sure all GM vehicles were the same from the firewall back. The Chevy front clips are shorter, differant core support, etc.

9. Well, no, that's only partly true as there were several GM body platforms and even then certain stuff only swaps on matching body styles, but there is a more recent post where I covered pretty well in detail what interchanges, and since the original poster asked about this over four years ago, I would imagine he's already figured it out.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  10. BJR

BJR

I think it's the same for Olds 88.

11. I've got a Pontiac 50 coupe sedan (yeah, it's a 2 dr sedan) that I'm working on and have actually been surprised at the amount of parts that DON'T interchange - body stuff from a 50 Chevy Fleetside would be your best bet. I recently used an EMS tailpan for a Chevy Fleetside to repair my Pontiac, and had to modify it some as the Pontiac has seams where the Chevy doesn't. If it's something specific you're wondering about, PM me.

12. You will find the 49-50 pontiac rear quarters turned into 51-52 chrevrolets

13. ems customer service

ems customer service

not exactly but kind of, need more info call us

emsauto 216-541-4585 ask for bob

14. Am I the only guy who noticed this post is over four years old, it's from 2007?

And there's no such thing as a 1950 Chevy Fleetside, that's a name used on pickup trucks a few years later when you had a choice of a full width bed or the same old narrow one. I don't think body parts for one will work on any Pontiac.

15. Cantstop

Cantstop

Im sure he ment Fleetline

16. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

yes ive already built 2 pontiac since this post. nothing really interchages wit out modification