Register now to get rid of these ads!

Billetproof 2012 Registration Open for all events

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choptop, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Choptop

Choptop

We got a jump on getting the registration open for the 2012 events so you can secure a place for your ride. We came close to selling out events in 2011 and in 2012 we are sure to fill some of our venues. So register early and you'll be set to have a good time when the show comes to town!

Click on the show titles to register:

Billetproof Florida March 17, 2012
    Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing
    13700 SW 16th Avenue
    Ocala, Florida

Billetproof Michigan - May 19, 2012
    Riverside Park
    Ypsilanti, MI

Billetproof Washington - June 23, 2012
    Southwest Washington Fairgrounds
    2555 N National Ave
    Chehalis, WA

Billetproof Hot Rod Eruption - Aug. 26, 2012
    Riverdale Raceway, Toutle, WA

Billetproof Nor Cal - Sept. 15, 2012
    Contra Costa County Fairgrounds
    1201 West 10th Street
    Antioch, CA

Billetproof Florida Drags - Oct 21. 2012
    Lakeland Motorsports Park
    8100 State Road 33 N
    Lakeland, FL

2. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I've got my trophy 3/4 done. :D Can't wait til March.

Don

3. *HOLLYWOOD*53

*HOLLYWOOD*53

Is there no Texas date.

4. Choptop

Choptop

No Texas show this year. We will find a new location and come back in a year or so. Seems as though folks didnt like the Giddings location. We had plenty of cars all 3 years, but the spectator count dropped year to year. I'm to blame for part of that trying to make the show a 2 day affair in the 2nd year, that didnt work out too well and that showed in the 3rd year. Even bringing in top name entertainment (Jr. Brown and Honky) didnt draw enough folks. My fault completely. I really did dig the show there, it was a great location that let us do pretty much whatever we wanted, but you cant ignore the results. We'll find a better spot and make the show bigger and better soon.

open to any and all suggestions for locations or unique things to do :D

5. *HOLLYWOOD*53

*HOLLYWOOD*53

Thats sucks are club was really looking forward to it this. We even wanted ask if we could Host it. Look at the fair grounds in Conroe Tx if you get a chance.

6. cool that the show is back in Ocala, I should be to both the Florida & Michigan shows again

7. Choptop

Choptop

PM me yer contact info. would like to talk with ya a bit.

8. BELLM

BELLM

Fairgrounds in Conroe, TX is a nice location. Too bad Giddings didn't work out.

9. I_am_who_I_am

I_am_who_I_am

What about San Antonio? We've got some nice parks and areas for a show here.

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

10. 41plym

41plym

I'm all registered for BP Washington see ya there.
    41plym

11. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Looking forward to it. See ya in chehalis and toutle !

12. Too bad about the Texas show. Sucks. :(

13. jeffsullivan

jeffsullivan

hey alan, is there "vendor" area at toutle? i thought about bringing some metal art and other goodies if there is going to be space, along with my jalopy!

14. Looks like this is the post to ask!

Has the Entery paper work been mail out to those of us that preregistered ?
    Paid back on Dec 26

Billetproof Florida March 17, 2012

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  15. Thank you got your email , with the entrance pass!

16. Reserved a room at the Hampton Inn.

Has there been anymore discussion about a parking patrol ? I'll pitch in for a bit, on Friday night.

17. seacat95

seacat95

In regards to the Texas show, that is a disappointment, however allot of people I talked to complained about the time of year, saying it would be too hot. I figured us die hards could tough it out, but apparently we are getting fewer in numbers.

18. Choptop

Choptop

the texas show will return. We'll look for a different location and a different time of year.

19. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I have been in touch with the Sheriff Dept up there and am working out some details/ and hours needed. They have a 3 hour min @ $ 35 per hour, which isn't horrible. I figure most we would need would be 2 am till 6 am as most of us are hanging out in the parking lot late and get up early.

I'll be happy to bear the brunt of the cost, but any donations at the hotel will be appreciated. Even a fiver or tenner would be nice.:D

Only 27 more days, and man are we excited !

Don

20. I'll pitch in, I did a breakdown of how much to chip in... $10-$20 each if we get between 10 and 20 people chipping in...

Somebody want to bring a coffee can with a slot in it and we walk around the hotel parking lot, or do you want to set up a Paypal account, Don?

21. boutlaw

boutlaw

I'll be glad to chip in. I'm registered with reservations at the Sleep Inn Friday and Saturday night. I should be there Friday afternoon.
    Don, I'll try and locate your 27 Friday so I can buck up. Can't wait.

BOutlaw

22. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Ok, I have finalized with the Marion County Sheriff's office the hiring of an off duty officer. He will be coming to the Sleep Inn on Friday night (actually Saturday morning) from 2 AM til 6 AM. I was trying to keep the hours to a minimum and yet get coverage during the most critical hours. I figure, based on previous years, that some of us will be hanging out BSing in the parking lot until 2, and then some of us will be back awake by 6, so the hours in between are the ones where we need our cars protected. I will make sure I am there when he arrives at 2 to tell him what we would like done and will also make sure I am up and out by 6 am when he leaves so that someone will be watching the cars constantly.

They charge $ 35 per hour X 4 hours + $ 140.00. We are happy to cover most of the cost since we started this thing, and the offers to kick in a few bucks are very appreciated. I think it is well worth it to not have any problems with our cars and to be able to get a good nights sleep. I know we all have insurance and all that, but it would be terrible to wake up Saturday morning and have something we love and worked so hard on gone........and that is happening all too often these days. :(

Don

23. Rogueman

Rogueman

Please don't put it in Dallas! You will lose me and many others. To far north!

please try to keep it down in the triangle.

24. Choptop

Choptop

looking for good locations... any tips appreciated.

25. Cool! count on me for help... We'll be outside the hotel at 5:30 am Saturday as usual, but we'll be busy preparing the show field.

26. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

Have you guys gotten your admission passes yet? I registered the very first day and haven't gotten mine . Alan ?

27. I asked the same thing (post #14) and got mine in a emailed , to print out.

28. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

count me in for a trophy for billetproof washington. Ill give the show another go.

29. Choptop

Choptop

I'll post the trophy sign up here soon, pick which one you'd like to do and we'll see you there. :D

30. BootleggerMatt

BootleggerMatt

I'm disapointed about Texas too... it was a good show, been there all three years, gonna be weird having a year gap in my decals.

Galveston County Fairgrounds has hosted MetalFlake Drive-In before and it has plenty of room, not sure about burnouts though and its way southside... Conroe is also a good location. Listen to those Rumble Cat's... they know how to party!