Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hoffman Group: "Final Notice Regarding Your In-Store Credit"???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by daddio211, Dec 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daddio211

daddio211

So SOMEHOW Hoffman Group got my email about 6 months ago. I mark their messages as spam and finally have weeded out all of their garbage. Cleaning up my spam folder today I see the subject title: Final Notice Regarding Your In-Store Credit: $21.57.

I know it's a ploy, but figured I'd play it out and see where it got me. I selected a cool looking green-white laminated dash knob for a grand total of $22.00... I figured "how bad could they screw that up?"

I selected check out for amusement and see the following message...

[​IMG]

Yes, that's right boys and girls, $18.78 to ship a $22.00 dash knob. Beware HAMB'ers, there's some real shady business practices at work here.

Attached Files:

2. I got the same in store credit BS email. I deleted it.

3. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Must be a big knob!

4. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

I'm thinking that's a scam. I got the same email and I've NEVER bought anything from them or any of their affiliate stores. Don't know how they got my email. I wouldn't plug in any credit card data if I were you.

5. jfrolka

jfrolka

haha... still a little discount... they must be jokin with the customers, are the orders without the coupon given real shipping rates?

6. 34toddster

34toddster
    from Missouri

A friend of mine asked me to get his Auto-Loc system working so I wire as per instructions, nothing I mean nothing happened at all. I tried the phone # on the Box for Tech help and the first thing they wanted me to do is to register the product, I was on hold for 30 minutes, I have now told my friend to put this POS in the trash and buy from someone that isn't a poor customer service company (In my opinion that is what this company is all about) hell they got his $90 so what do they care!
    I now need to find a company that will fill the bill for a remote locking system.

7. daddio211

daddio211

I'm just like you guys... never bought anything from them and sure as hell wouldn't give them my credit card info! Just figured I'd throw this out there to help out others. This Hoffman thing is out of control!!!

8. daddio211

daddio211

With all the advertising they're doing in the rags, and how many of us they have email addresses for....

Hmmmm..... I'm just wondering...... Did Source Interlink sell us out?

9. tunes

tunes

Does Hoffman Group have a phone number? Call them up and tell them you're going to be in their area and will just pick up the knob in person. ;)

10. Rod and Wheeler

Rod and Wheeler
    from NOR CAL

Attention shoppers this a b.s.scam there is no (FREE )
    ride.
    There has been so many post on the Hoffman group maybe someone needs to look into the legal aspects of there selling tactics. I know there is lots of smart Hammers out there. They have so many different company names hummmmmmm? just maybe .

11. Rod and Wheeler

Rod and Wheeler
    from NOR CAL

yes 1 800 EAT SHIT

12. aacfmach

aacfmach

I certainly do not want to run someone down that i do not know. That said i won a door prize at a goodguys show and picked their "air ride system" turn out it was good for only the controller and when i talked to them it gave the the impression of a cheap deal with no support seemed pretty shady..... threw that certificate away and went to ridetech. Just my observation, they did NOT screw me and i didn't give them the chance. beware

13. So have you ever bought anything from them before, if you haven't why would you have an in store credit?

you just got phished.

14. daddio211

daddio211

Nope Beaner, never bought a THING from them. Put in some bogus info above this image to get here, but put the correct city/state/zip so that shipping would be calculated "correctly".

I'm smarter than this (at least I think I am), just throwing this out to the world so that everyone can see what type of business practices Hoffman Group uses.

15. choptvan

choptvan

Got the same BS message today. Thought something was wrong. Now I know it wasnt just me.

16. Note to newbies (not the OP) Search Hoffman and Autoloc for a good education.

17. daddio211

daddio211

Exactly. I know this isn't "traditional hot rodding" fodder, but felt it was completely appropriatefor the board. When someone searches for them hopefully they'll find this and countless other threads of their shenanigans.

18. mike in tucson

mike in tucson
    from Tucson

IF you visit their web site, they have your info captured. I went there to look to see if a particular product was one of their trash products and I now get hammered with their emails.

19. daddio211

daddio211

Funny thing is, I had never gone to their site(s) before - at least that I know of. They have this entire network of companies that advertise in all the big rags, all under the Hoffman Group umbrella. I've never heard one good thing about them or their products.

Then again I've never met a bean counter at the big magazine conglomerates either. :rolleyes:

20. Looks like I was the one lucky guy, I got some parts from them for the 52 came in the mail three days shipping and real nice parts. BUT I am in Oregon,

21. daddio211

daddio211

I have to tell ya plymouth, it's a breath of fresh air hearing something positive about them! What did you get?

22. customs by jason

customs by jason

got that same email about the $21.57 in store credit i think the magazines have sold our email addresses

23. daddio211

daddio211

I sure hope not but its the only thing that makes sense to me!

24. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

They can purchase your email addresses, postal addresses, phone numbers, income, home value and equity, how many cars you own, what type of cars you own, and quite a bit more directly from your 3 major credit agencies- Equifax, Experion, and TransUnion. Just FYI. Many people don't realize that the credit rating agencies sell their info to businesses.

They could purchase a list with certain parameters, such as:

1) at least 100k/year income
    2) home owner
    3) Owns at least 1 vehicle between the years 1900 - 1970
    4) at least 25 yrs of age

You get the point. Then they pay the price and bingo! They have all the contact info they want for everyone that fits that criteria. Next step- SPAM away.... Poor business practice if you ask me. On both the part of Hoffman AND by the credit rating agencies.

25. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Wow, guess I'm not surprised. All the ads look the same, like some formatted ad template of some sort. Nasty fonts, crappy layout, huge advertising budget....just doesn't add up. And did they hire Borak's brother to pose with a set of "operator" headphones?

26. I got some bear claws (large) and there door kits I shaved the doors. I also got a great cowel vent 12 volt kit. I never had any issues with there service. as said I live in the same state as there in so dont know if thats it but I had a good deal with them.

27. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Jeeeeez dudes, they aren't purchasing your emails, we sure aren't giving them to Autoloc.

You are.

Yeah, that's right, you guys are giving it up. Everyone in this thread except Jeem, Tman, & mike in tucson have selected (or at least have not de-selected) the option to allow people to send you email.

28. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

How does one id the Hoffman group products??pics of ads would help

29. RDAH

RDAH
    from NL, WI

Hoffman huh, that name will be easy to remember for me. My last supervisors name was Hoffman & he was a dick head when it came to people & business problems.

30. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.