Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone know of a good spy cam for a car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by robert_t_wallace, Nov 30, 2011.

1. robert_t_wallace

robert_t_wallace

I have an issue that really pisses me off.. My office pays for parking in our garage which is valet parking. My company tips out each guy at the end of the month so the employees don't have to each day. We have started having the parking guys take things from the car.. Usually it is small such as the change out of the ash tray or drink holder. Today, I had a roll of quarters I broke open in my '05 GT's drink holder so I would have toll way change. I get out to the car and it is all gone. I didn't notice it until I was halfway home.. We have started complaining to the management company and they don't do anything as there is no proof other than our word.
    I want to put a cam in my car and catch them in the action. I would think it needs to be hidden, clear in low light and motion activated..
    Thoughts??

2. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

3. john~N~dallas

john~N~dallas

wait.. you go to work and have your car valet at the mans expense? i say get a toll tag and leave your car empty... i would leave a dollar in my car every day if someone would park my car for me when i got to work..... just sayin

4. robert_t_wallace

robert_t_wallace

I do tip the guys a buck, but my company also tip out each guy each month which is equilivant to $2 per day per employee.. I don't want to worry about stuff in my car and feel it is probably 1 bad apple..

5. Whats the diff if you get the guy on film??? Why not talk to the valet manager yourself? Check out e-bay, you can get spy camera that look like pens and all sorts of stuff..................but i dont think it will do anything, unless your going to go straight to the guy lifting your change and threaten/blackmail him, then you have to worry about him leaving 'something' in your car as a gift..........yeah i mean a turd :)

6. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

shouldn't matter about the tips, the guy is still a thief, he's getting a good tip per day and still stealing. A valet who steals from the cars doesn't need to be doing that job. A video of him stealing might get management to do something.

7. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

"We have started complaining to the management company and they don't do anything as there is no proof other than our word".

Vote with your feet! Tell the MF management Co. that your word is now "boycott". Get everyone together in your office and agree to self park your cars for a month. Park your car-keep the keys. No tips from drivers and since nobody valet parked all month=your Co. won't wholesale tip them out for the month either. Tomorrow is Dec. 1st. The month of Dec sound good?

No more theft and guess what? When the management co. has to lay off all the valets they can tell them it was because their services were no longer needed (because of all the petty theft complaints). Petty thieves have petty minds.

8. river1

river1

check out this blog

http://www.techmoan.com/

lots of tech stuff along with very cool camera stuff.
    check the links along the right side of the page.

i have no connection to him, just found his blog while surfin

later jim