Register now to get rid of these ads!

CAD files exchange

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chassisbuilder, Nov 27, 2011.

1. chassisbuilder

chassisbuilder
    from new york

Is there anyone interested in exchanging CAD files? I find myself drawing a lot of parts that others could make use of. While no one wants thier drawings ripped off, many of the simple parts would certainly be helpful and save time. I'm not talking about complete sets of "how to build a chassis" but brackets tabs etc would be fun and interesting to exchange. I see Paul spent some time posting nice files in the tech section, is this something any others would want to contribute to? I would certainly be willing to start out with a few.

2. Try a search, there's a pattern exchange thread that has some dxf files I beleive. You may get more traffic there. I think it's a great idea. I'm running acad 2012.

3. chassisbuilder

chassisbuilder
    from new york

Will do, found a few here and there, but I would think we could have a great tool if we got a couple dozen people to contribute. I run Solidworks 2011 (not going to hand over 1500 bucks this year to upgrade) but as long as everyone saves them as a .dxf it would be fine. Even PDF files are ok if you need a certain bolt pattern it will still save a lot of searching.

4. flynfrog

flynfrog

I wouldn't mind sharing more of mine are OT to the hamb though.

5. BigBlockBuck

BigBlockBuck

Great post, can't wait to see what others have going on. Most of my stuff is 4 link setups that I use to find my IC for my door cars, kind of OT.