Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dwarf cruisers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CARtoons Magazine, Nov 27, 2011.

1. electromet

electromet
    from Tucson, AZ

I met Ernie at a car show in Tucson last month. He was with the '50 Merc. Did a doubletake when I saw the front of the car from about 50 yards. I was thinking a chopped and sectioned Volvo or something until I got closer. The scary thing is that he fits in the car and drives it often. Excellent worksmanship.

Mike

2. Hank Turd

Hank Turd

For those that have seen them in person... Do they have front and back seats? Or is the back seat essentially the front seat?

3. sololobo

sololobo

Ernie, is a fab genious, the 50 Mercury he has had in Omaha and is so cool. He was headed to back to the fifties in Minneapolis and passed my friends on I-29 blazing along at about 70 mph, my pals were freaked by what went by them. He is the king of small. ~sololobo~

4. The workmanship is awsome!

5. His cars have been posted here on the HAMB before,,,and the chev is a 39 not a 36

6. Saw this mini-winni in Ohio years ago...

Attached Files:

7. electromet

electromet
    from Tucson, AZ

Ernie's fairly tall. He sits in the WHOLE interior.:eek:

Mike

8. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

That is some fantastic work there.
    Back in the late 80's (or so) out in Phoenix AZ. I saw a 3/4 scale car very similar to these powered by a HD motor. Got to be the same guy

9. atomickustom

atomickustom

Damn, if he were building full-size cars he could be rich and famous. Seems kinda odd to spend all the time, energy, and talent making little oddball curiosities.

10. appaRATus

appaRATus

I would like to have one also but I'm a little "short" on cash.........

11. Fenders

Fenders

I met him a couple years ago at the Bouse Arizona show... you see that Merc from a distance you think it's the real thing, then as you walk up closer you're WTF ????

12. I 've seen the 50 merc and 42 in person. He brought them both to the Ducktail run different years. His fab skills are amazing.
    Matt

13. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

but a lot of people build full size customs, almost no one builds these, and they are drivable and street legal

14. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

the only possible use I could see for one of those smart cars aka giant cozy coupes, would be to yank the drive train and use it for something tiny like this, they are already shrunken down to about as small as they could get, plenty of power for a minature car. hmm those things might have a useful part. I always wondered about taking a legend car and making it a one person street legal cruiser

15. Roothawg

Roothawg

I just don't get it.

16. hotcargo

hotcargo

dedication thats for sure...........

would Ernie be the guy that built a small '39 Chev sedan , set up like a lowrider ............. I think it had rear fender spats and sun visor and spots etc ...............I remember an artical in Rod Action or maybe Street Rodder in the '70's ????

cheers

Steve in Oz

17. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

it's just cool, he hand builds all these out of steel, and they can be driven on the street!!

18. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I had one pass me one morning [legends car] on TN 840 just outside of Murfreesboro TN. It had working headlights, tails, turn signals, the works. And it had a license plate, so it must have been street legal!

19. wow... like someone said it kinda messes with your mind!!! Very nice workmanship!

20. Insane! Damn, I want one just for the "what the hell is THAT?" factor!

21. n847

n847

I was hopping this thread was about something else?

22. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

you mean the Peal? now that's a dwarf cruiser, literally. [​IMG]

23. shadams

shadams

DAAAAYUUMMM, you just cost me a key board!!! Wow I think I am going to hell now for laughing so hard.....

24. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

Someone posted about these during the summer, and said that in the 80's, he wanted cars, but didn't have money, so he built the chopped Merc out of an old fridge! Now that's using your resources!!

25. 60 ford

60 ford

I think these are really cool.

26. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

He made the turn signal lenses out of Tobasco sauce bottles. A really talented metal shaper that could probbaly make a fortune if he were to capitalize on that talent.

Frank