Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Interest in a New Jersey Indoor Autorama Type Show?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CHOPMERC, Nov 27, 2011.

1. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

I've been kicking this around in my head for a while now..Would there be any interest in a New Jersey based Autorama style indoor show? I think there would be, its just a matter of location, logistics and planning..New Jersey is rich in custom car history, and there are many significant hot rods and customs in these parts, you just rarely see them shown locally for whatever reason...to get them all together for one event would be mind blowing..

I was talking to my friend Vic Collins this morning, he's the owner of the Kopper Kart clone, and we'd like to seriously try to give this a shot..His first thought was the Westfield Armory, which could hold around 70 cars, plus a large outside parking area for a few hundred more, kind of like a Jalopyrama set up..

Well, right now, its just in the "can we even pull this off?" stage..So, what do you think East Coast guys, any interest? Any input? No need to raise your hands, just yell it out.. :D

2. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Count me in.
    Slim

3. bdotyoung

bdotyoung
    from New Jersey

I'm in as well. This is a GREAT idea!!!! Anything I could do to he make this happen let me know.

4. Cshabang

Cshabang

Im up in CT...depending on location and timing, I'd possibly take the ride down...

5. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

We could bring an early Jersey custom if you guys go ahead with this.

6. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

Ok, so far so good..As for location, ideally I'd love a Northern New Jersey venue..Again, nothing in particular in mind right now, just looking for interest and ideas..I have been involved in running a successful 1 day outdoor show that ran 10 consecutive years in North Jersey, so I'm familiar with many of the aspects of doing this, although this would be the same, but much different, if you get my drift..

As far as the "when", if we could get all of our ducks in a row, possibly mid fall 2012?

7. rld14

rld14

I'm in.

It always bugs me that, ya know.. the biggest metro area in the country doesn't have more events.

An indoor show might be nice to have in the winter too.... when there's nothing otherwise going on.

8. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

We surely could use an Autorama type show in NJ. Myself and friends often find ourselves traveling all over the east coast, and as far as California to find quality Traditional Hotrod shows.
    I would be all for this type of event, so long as it were kept rich with traditional and pre 64 cars, I think you will get great support.

Would love to see it happen!!!

9. teddyp

teddyp

back in the day there was a in door show at the west orange armory, tenack,and the customs by the sea it would be cool to have it in one of the old locations .i,m in let me know if i can help

10. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

I completely agree, and would have it NO other way..

11. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

12. rld14

rld14

Teaneck Armory aint a bad idea.. I live less than a mile from it :D

13. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

It's definitely an option..I'm gonna start making some phone calls tomorrow to see whats what with some of the local armories..

14. jerseymike

jerseymike

excellent idea! there are enough cars in the area that have tons of history to more than make this worthwhile. indoor shows have a whole different vibe to them and i see no reason this couldn't turn out great!

15. 40LUV

40LUV
    from Mid Jersey

I'd be interested and would bring a car to the outdoor part. What would the cut-off year be?

16. flatheadz-forever

flatheadz-forever
    from new jersey

atlantic city convention center would be a good spot. I live in central jersey right by the raritan but I go to atlantic city for their car auction so its only and 1 1/2 away not tobad but I am def in.

17. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

18. A bunch of old cars in a giant building surrounded by 100's of gearheads?
    Why would anyone be interested in something like that?

19. Jalopyrama Mike

Jalopyrama Mike

Count me in. Anything I can do to help, just shout! Big John called me about a week ago for some particulars about the start-up of Jalopyrama. Is this the same show idea?

20. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

Im in.In fact,Bob,went online to the different armories around here,but couldn't find contact info.Have to work on the show for next year.

21. thesupersized

thesupersized

Bobby you know we're down. On the way down to the Jalopyrama this year we were talking about how NJ needs a real car show dedicated to real customs and hot rods.

My opinion:show should definately discriminate against Non-traditional cars similar to the way the road agents did in Ct.

I wonder how the friday and saturday after thanksgiving would be. Upside is, most people have off, but downside is there is a good chance of it being real cold out.

22. 1lucky1

1lucky1
    from Morgan NJ

It would be a Killer show if you could get the Famous Pat Pryer Model A

23. 47 ford

47 ford

Great idea count me in.....

24. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

I think it's a great idea, count me in!

25. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Don't forget the Asbury Park Convention hall as a possible venue..I remember they had some great shows there years ago..I think the last ones were in the mid 80's ..Still have the trophy my 34' Ford won at one of these shows..
    Westfield Armory would be cool too..

26. 62dartman

62dartman

Love it!!!! Im partial to the Teaneck Armory cause im super close but anything indoors during the cold season would be awesome!!! Doit...do it.......do it!!!!

27. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

I'm in! a lot closer than Detroit.

28. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

You know you can count on me, Bob, and I'd bring some of the cars I've built, as well!

29. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

I'm going back to college in January so my time is limited but, If I can help in any way let me know. I'm in Passaic County area.

30. Great Idea , keep us posted