Register now to get rid of these ads!

Almost finished taildragger pics.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Squablow, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Squablow

Squablow

I was going to wait until this was totally finished before I posted pictures but I drove it around today and I can't hold my exitement back. It's a 40 Chrysler Royal. Picture it lowered with a slight rake to the back and some wide whitewalls, and the running boards/trim finished. (photoshoppers?) I know taildragger means a chopped coupe with trim shaved to some of you but this is a four door and I figured a mild custom would be the way to go. The passenger side rear door handle is NOT shaved, I just haven't gotten it on yet. And yes, I do like sun visors. Let me know what you think. (there's a sweet running flat six in there if you were wondering)

Attached Files:

2. bobx

bobx
    from Indiana

so does the tail ever drag??

3. PrimeEvil'36

PrimeEvil'36

that's not a tail dragger,that's like a tail flyer....

i still like it though,good job....

4. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

5. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

to me a taildragger means a custom that has a rake with the back in the ground

6. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Taildragger...

[​IMG]

7. Blaze

Blaze

I tihkn that's where the "almost finished" part comes in...If it's gonna look anything like the photochop, I think it'll be sweet!

8. TheFrenz rendition is cool. W/ the visor it makes me think Bomb, ala' old, classic lowrider. Nothing wrong w/ that.

You gonna' run the dog dishes or go w/ something like a Caddy sombrero w/ your new wide whites?

Maybe march to the beat of a different drum and run some of these. Heck, w/ the skirts it's be cheap. You'd only need two.

9. Squablow

Squablow

Just wanted to thank Cleatus and The FrenZ for the Photoshop's. They look great! Not sure if I'll be able to get it THAT low, but boy, would it look nice. Definitely going to give it a (slight) rake to the back, just looks right that way.

Tony Bones, as far as the hubcaps go, I'm going to be running some 15" '54 Desoto steel rims on the car and I'm going to try to get the original Chrysler script hubcaps to work on them. (I need 15" rims because I'm too cheap to buy the 16" WWW radials) I only have 2 of the Chrysler caps so the skirts worked out good. Once I'm running the 15" rims, I'll try a bunch of different caps on it, just to see what they look like, if I decide I don't like/get bored with the dog dish caps.

I'm going to try to finish the car this week. I've been saying that for a month, but I really mean it this time ;) and I'll get some more pics up when it's roadable. Thanks for the comments everyone. Hopefully it WILL drag the tail soon.

10. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

What a beautiful, elegant car! So many folks overlook the '40s Chrysler products, especially 4-doors. Just dropping the tail a bit works magic. You don't need much else.

I like the outside visor, too. I have two waiting in my shed for the right car or truck to put them on.

11. Squablow

Squablow

Thanks Dave, I don't know what the deal with visors was, someone around here really doesn't like them but I just can't picture a big 40's luxury car without one.

There's a couple of 40's Mopar guys around here, but not too many. I don't know why. As far as the 4 door part of it goes, I would have rather had a coupe, but this one was pretty decent to start with, and the coupes are few and far between. I'm starting to realize that I never finish projects unless they're running when I get them.

Here's a pic of it when we started. I officially started working on the project Feb 1st of this year. Gotta love those added-on trailer tail lights and that olive drab green paint. Along with the knobby rear tires, people always asked me if it was a military vehicle. So I'm doing my best to put some classyness bask into it.

Attached Files: