Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guy from S.W. Washington

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Blown Red Ram, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Blown Red Ram

Blown Red Ram
    from Kelso,Wa.

Hello everybody,
    I'm a long time lurker and into vintage drag racing and wanting to step into a traditional street rod if possible.I'm the guy that owns the 241 blown Red Ram that was being talked about on here yesterday.I also "sponsor" a long time friend with his '65 Valiant wagon with an injected slant six/5 speed lenco /Morrison tube frame car.We've had a lot of fun and met a lot of great people racing that car.So my little Red Ram is going to wind up in something that I can run down the track too.There's also a few old motorcycles in my shop too. I was a Detroit Diesel mechanic for 15 years and now I'm a millwright in a paper mill for the last 21 years.
    I don't have a lot of computor access but I'll try to keep up.
    Tim

2. Hello and welcome from the midwest!

3. Hello and welcome from Tacoma. The original Hemi's are still the best!

4. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Welcome from Vermont :D

5. 60 ford

60 ford

Welcome from Indiana.

6. Blown Red Ram

Blown Red Ram
    from Kelso,Wa.

Thanks Tom and everybody.I'm really getting into the creativity on here.I'll be looking around a lot tomorrow. Hey Tom I sent a couple you tube links to you of Dave's Valiant.If you could post them here I'm thinking there's a few inline types that would like the noise that slant six makes!When I learn how to post pictures I can add a few engine and exterior shots too.And explain the history of the car.
    Thank again guys!
    Tim

7. yardgoat

yardgoat

Welcome from Ga, cant wait to see pics of the /6.......................YG

8. spooler41

spooler41

Welcome aboard Tim,It's always good to find another Washington H.A.M.B.'er on the board.

.................Jack

9. tedster

tedster

Welcome from the other side.

10. Blown Red Ram

Blown Red Ram
    from Kelso,Wa.

Thanks guys!
    If anybody remembers Lloyd Cope from a long time ago he encouraged me to buy my 241. That was 24 years ago! Lloyd was a long time street rodder and builder. He built stuff that would get you there and back.And he was an early hemi fanatic.
    I just brought home a 1963 Dodge 330 4 door from Arizona. It had been owned by a long time super stock racer and it was his street car.Supposedly it was an old Ca. hiway patrol car.It's powered by a 318 poly with factory dual fours,has working factory air,power steering,power brakes and push button trans.I'll pull it out of the trailer and post pics when it isn't blowing 45 mph and driving rain.
    Tim

11. Welcome from the wet side!

12. bymanr

bymanr

Welcome Tim.......the rattle "A" guy across the river!