Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for the Sonic Cuda

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Moriarity, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Got to be my all time favorite when I was a kid, dude, that bring back a whole bunch o' memories.

2. ChopShopMike

ChopShopMike

Some Bitchin pics!!! It's cool how they displayed the car along side of the Chrysler RTS display.

3. John E.Ace

John E.Ace
    from here

Does anyone have a good pic of the trunk of the Sonic Cuda ..... I'm curious what the graphics look like....I can't remember !!

4. inlinr6

inlinr6

The ribbon paint reminds me of a custom painter in my neighborhood when I was a kid,60's camaro;ribbon paint,gold tinted windows,and funny car pipes right past the door,was in 70's car craft or hot rod,have been trying to find pics.I think they called him MyJo,not shure of the spelling.

5. VonWegener

VonWegener

I can't believe no one has found it. Usually such cars do not totally fade away.
    Love both the RTS car and the sonic cuda.

6. Wow, I have never heard of this car before but it is beautiful. Does anyone have any articles on it for my reading pleasure? Thanks! I can't wait until the crazy '70's car thing comes back.

7. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

Stay on it Mark you,ll come up with something if any body can I,m glad Chuck is gettin his a cool guy

8. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

9. grazy

grazy

I run with a few Mopar muscle guys but am no expert but I do remember reading that the sassy grass green Duster was the one recentely found in a Detroit parking garage. After years being kept for unpaid fees by who ever brought could'nt be located .How a car of that magnatude could set in plan sight in Detroit for years and not be recognized boggles my, mind it still had the same old paint though it was changed slightly to update car to next year if I remember correctly.

10. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I remember that Cuda, cool to see pics of it again!

11. If Big Willy got it... it's as good as gone... he's a street racer and car butcher! Sorry Willy but it's true with everything I've seen of yours...

12. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

Isnt that the car from the old mopar commercial? the dad brings home a new cuda from the dealer and the boys take it in the garage, the dad comes out and sees it later and the boys say, "But dad, it's better this way".

13. MoparBruce

MoparBruce

I remember an article in either Hot Rod or Car Craft from 71 on the car. Seems to me it was in the Funny Car edition of the Mag. The article was a one page deal (left side if I remember correctly). I think I remember it saying the blower was hogged out and basically there for looks. Man, I wish I kept all those old mags. LOVE this Cuda. You know, Dragfink lives up in the Lake Orion area, maybe he knows if it's up there, somebody who might.

14. johnnyhotwheelz

johnnyhotwheelz

Has anyone heard of the Sonic Cuda being found since the last post? Or is it still M. I. A.

15. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

that was an AMC ad, and the car was a javelin. Photo at 11 (or thereabouts)

16. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

didn't take long to find it. The "but Dad, I only made it better" car...
    but dad.jpg

Hyfire likes this.
  17. RodStRace

RodStRace

Attached Files:

18. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Remember those pictures. Damn this place!! Dragging up these things. Now I'm in the wonder-what mode!!!!

19. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

It was probably restored and went through Barrett Jackson already...

20. Old post and more off topic today than it was when posted,but it is a cool looking car. HRP