Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1962 Ranchero REAL Shop Truck build...any others...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by falconwagon62, May 3, 2011.

1. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Started here;
    [​IMG]

Got it back tonight from paint....and yes, I have intrest in Lindenwald Auto.....no just a BS truck...Thanks to Otis Peirson and Dan Shaw.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next will finish my interior, had the seat done, have new carpet and door panels will do that myself.....adding a T5 behind the 6 Inline..for GA$ milage....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  2. falconeer

falconeer

Hey John,
    Sweet ride,What flat black paint did you use? Came out great. Now for the T-5. I've had one built for 5 years and have not used it yet. Every thing in side is new. T-5 out of a 5.0 mustang with the S-10 conv. Same way with my 70's Mav.- Comet 8" Fixing to cut one down to 55 3/4 or 55 1/2 so it will be ready when i find the right round body Ranchero to put it in.
    Wish you wern"t so far away, i would come up for the work day.

Keep up the good work:

Butch Evans(Falconeer)
    Thomasville NC

3. I had a 62 for my shop truck - 200" six with a C4, Mustang II front end
    [​IMG]

4. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

The flat is a Semi-Gloss "Hot Rod" BLACK urethane, my body man Otis gets it out of a company out of Louisville, Ky I'll have to get the name...90 dollars, paint, hardner and thinner....Now have it back with the tonno cover.....T5 Terry...puddinhead has tore apart, needs a few small parts, he is doing it now..hope we have it ready, or will have to back up a week putting the T5 in....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I've got mine on deck right now, also a '62. I've got a rebuilt 170 and spent a large portion of the hot part of last summer working out the details on an adapter for a B.W. T-50 five speed with John Evans from here on the board. I have collected a full batch of Weber ICT carbs for a tri power set up as well. I had to do some floor replacement and general rust repair, but it's not too bad as it sits now. I'm chomping at the bit to get back into it as soon as I finish the girlfriends '62 wagon... We're going to beat the high cost of gasoline and have fun doing it!

Attached Files:

• 453.JPG
      453.JPG
      File size:
      229 KB
      Views:
    • 454.JPG
      454.JPG
      File size:
      278.5 KB
      Views:
    • 455.JPG
      455.JPG
      File size:
      260.1 KB
      Views:
    • 456.JPG
      456.JPG
      File size:
      208.2 KB
      Views:
  6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hey Don!
    I loved your truck when I saw it at LARS a few years ago and took several pictures at the time. I hate to ask more questions of you, but what oil pan did you run on your 200 with the MustangII? I'm assuming a Fox body pan, but any mods beyond that? Any chance you remember tire sizes on yours? Thanks, Chip Quinn

7. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Pulled the 170 Out and gonna clean and paint it all be re-installed Sunday....Gotta get back to work....

john

Robert (my mexican) helping pull the 170 3 speed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MOTOR Out....170 CID, 5 speed and new goodies going in.....

[​IMG]

8. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Motor back in, as it the T5, gotta cut the floor brace, had Otis do my seat cut out for extra clearance....Hope to drive to the Pumpkin Run..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

got the floor cut, modified the cross member, also re-bent the Mustang Shifter and it is coming together....

[​IMG]

10. Lookin' good!

Congratulations!

11. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

bought a motor from a guy named Grady Moore....in Lexington Ky.....started it today, it FREAKING KNOCKS....WTF...he said it was a good runner, Oh well. out it comes, checking rod bearings....I hate a lair.....

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  12. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

bought 2 complete 200's with Tranny's running last night for $200, sometimes Karma gets you....

13. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Go drop it off in his front yard...:mad: Good you got a couple good ones though!

14. $200 each or $200 for both?!

15. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

100 each...started both on the floor befor I bought them...run good....dude said he has never done that...my dad showed me that...dam I am getting old....or people are getting stupid!...lol....

One has a Jasper Rebuild S/N tag, and in the freeze out plugs,,,he thought it was a 170....has 5 freeze out plugs, gotta be a 200.....

16. Dang, congrats! You definitely came out on top!

17. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

[​IMG]

Hey, I know that driveway well, I had my vert striped there, those guy's do great work.

Your shop truck looks cool.

B:)B

18. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

picked up a 3 ace intake and carbs, going to install it after I get the dang thing back together....need 3 air cleaners....

[​IMG]

19. babylonflyer

babylonflyer

Robert (my mexican) helping pull the 170 3 speed

Cool Racist Comment!!!

20. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

ahhhh....he is mexican.....call him a white boy and he gets mad....smart kid, and he's the only one who want to learn these tricks from this old dog...so nice comment, considering you didn't read, or follow the rules about a introduction, but I am glad you have made all two of your posts here on the site, you do learn alot, even me...a old dog...

21. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Old Knocking motor out...Thanks again Grady Moore of Lexington, Ky.....

and new old motor going in.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Looks good FW62!

I've like these ever since I saw my first one in the movie "Goldfinger" when Oddjob crammed his big ass into one.

23. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Motor in, Trans in, Crossmember IN, NEW drive shaft IN...now back to work, I wanna drive this beast....
    now to hook up all the little stuff..maybe fire it up tomorrow....

[​IMG]

24. mcnally351

mcnally351
    from boston

that set up looks awesome! How is the install of the tri power intake? Did you need a machinist to mill the head? or can you diy the new ports? I have a 200 in the corner of my shop that will eventually drop in my stock 61. thanks

25. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Mill the height and will make it even run better, installing the intake, takes some skills, but the head needs to be off, you use a hole saw to cut into the intake log, plunging in with an endmill would be alot easier, but if your careful, you can do it with ease....uses THICK O-rings to seal the intake to the fuel log....

[​IMG]

26. mcnally351

mcnally351
    from boston

Cool thanks, I'm going to keep my eye out for one of these intakes. Good looking 'chero

27. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Spent some cash, bought the three air cleaners, a fuel block and some Red Mr. Rodster fuel line, got a few hours to work on it, I sell Industrial Saw blades for a living, and the last month, sale up over 40% so car time has been few and far between.....:eek:(

[​IMG]

28. What in all did it entail to adapt the T5? It is looking great. Keep it up!

29. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Easy as pie... And 175 bucks to modern drive line, buy the adapter, it all bolts together...

30. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

FUEL LINES FOR ALL!!!!

Got some shop time, hope to have it running by the weekend....

[​IMG]